APCD with 2001 Planting Set

Share your designing tips with other Designer's. Find answers to your problems using the APCD.
Lez Marwick

APCD with 2001 Planting Set

Post by Lez Marwick »

This is available in the APCD downloads section. Does anyone know if it includes the objects from the 2 Links expansion packs? I know there are courses that use these because I lost the 3D objects when updating one of the 2001 courses even though I had merged the 2001 library.
my APCD designs - Ackerton Cross, Anakena Beach, Battley Peak, Elsham Woods, Fairview GC, Margaret's Bay, Masson Moor GC, Mowsbury Golf Club, The Dustin Trophy, Upham Hall Golf Club, Yarlswood Golf Club, Zeitsbergen
Stephen Sullivan

Re: APCD with 2001 Planting Set

Post by Stephen Sullivan »

Yes I have seen them in the 3D planting set. It has instructions with it that tell you what to do to get it to work correctly. I used it to build my last course as I wanted to be able to use the mesh fencing.
Lez Marwick

Post by Lez Marwick »

OK. I'm really confused now!
I just downloaded and installed the APCD with 2001 Planting Set and added all the 3D to the planting set. I then loaded Coombs Mill which is the course that stripped the 3D out when I did the HD update. I had the idea that maybe I could add the 3D back in to the HD version in the future, but the clubhouse in the original 2001 version is still not in the library!!
Were there any other APCD add-ons and if so, why is APCD not stripping out the 3D if the clubhouse object is not there? Or am I forgetting something obvious, which is very probable....? :dunno: I did manage to navigate around the APCD a bit and click on stuff, but I haven't got a clue what some of them do!! I need to start watching a few tutorial videos now that I've got Links and APCD working again.
Anyone know what's going on with this 3D object?
my APCD designs - Ackerton Cross, Anakena Beach, Battley Peak, Elsham Woods, Fairview GC, Margaret's Bay, Masson Moor GC, Mowsbury Golf Club, The Dustin Trophy, Upham Hall Golf Club, Yarlswood Golf Club, Zeitsbergen
Adelade

Post by Adelade »

Did you look in all the 3D categories? For example - even though there is a "Bridges" category, there are many bridges in other categories as well, same goes for buildings. Im mainly talking about "Generic", "XPack1" and "XPack2" I believe, but maybe others as well.

Otherwise for all I know its possible the particular 3D object was a custom one (or from any other add-ons Im unaware of). The Links Extender can extract .maq files from custom objects in courses that arent locked but I dont know of any way to convert those into .xyz and .map files, if anyone can access the Links Extender help file (I cannot, I've asked multiple times if anyone else can without any result) its possible there might be some way? I dont know why otherwise it was made possible to extract .maq files.

I just looked at the original Coombs Mill at the 2 clubhouse area buildings, I cant say I've seen them in the library, but its also very possible I have seen them without remembering it... I was gonna say maybe you could make a 2D object out of it but I see one can glimpse them from two other holes so that might not work, depending on how picky one is.
Finished Courses - Main: Amedal (fictional), Nine Bridges (real)
Other: Austin, Sheshan, Kauri Cliffs, Le Golf Nat. Updates: Whirlpool, Royal Lytham, Royal St George's, Chicago, Chambers Bay, Munchen Nord E
Working on: 2 fictional courses + a couple things...
Stephen Sullivan

Post by Stephen Sullivan »

Silly question Lez. But did you add the into the planting set. Don't think they are added by default.
Lez Marwick

Post by Lez Marwick »

I added everything into the library. As far as I know I checked every 3D category. The building behind the clubhouse is in the planting set. You shouldn't need to check the categories though, because If you click on any 2D or 3D object on a course it will instantly be selected in your planting set... if it's not there the planting set will still highlight the last thing you selected. Why that clubhouse is not there is a mystery to me. I know there was a tool for 'the privileged', presumably created by Andrew Jones, that allowed manipulation not available in APCD but I don't believe anyone was using anything that wasn't freely available, at the time when Coombs Mill was created.