StrackaLine Green Contour Map Info...

Share your designing tips with other Designer's. Find answers to your problems using the APCD.
Danny D

StrackaLine Green Contour Map Info...

Post by Danny D »

Hi guys...

I spoke to a Strackaline rep today and he said we can get Green Contour Books for any amount of courses from 1 or more that we want, for $47.00 per course. They are normally $97.00 each. He also said that their inventory list presently showing on their web site is not fully up to date, and that they have many more available that aren't listed. He gave me his email address so I could contact him to check for actual availability of any courses that aren't listed on their site. If anyone is interested, let me know which course and I'll check with him to see if they are available.

In the meantime, I will ask this gentleman if he minds if I give out his email address for others to contact him directly for inquiries, so you won't need to go thru me. I'm sure he won't mind, but it's best to ask first just to be safe.

Dan

NOTE ANDY: On a side note, it would be nice if we could post a permanent link to StrackaLine here at Links Corner as a vendor to help the designers find out for themselves what is available. That way we won't have to track down other designers for the information, or try and find past posts on the subject. What do you think Andy? Would that be something we could do? Perhaps their site could be added to the main LC page along with other sites that are there now. If so, I will gather the Web Site information and email addresses, and see if StrackaLine would be down with it also. It would be a good thing that would be of value to both sites, IMO. They are letting us buy these green contour maps at half price now at $47.00 each. At least the designers could decide on their own if they want to voluntarily make the investment into adding realistically contoured greens to their courses.
Completed Courses
Real Courses: The National Golf Club of Kansas City - Wakonda Club - Coeur d'Alene Resort Course
Fictitious Courses: Northern Lakes - Golfcom Tees
Southern Oaks - Hometown 9 hole real course with a fictitious back 9 added
Andy
Site Admin

Re: StrackaLine Green Contour Map Info...

Post by Andy »

Danny D wrote: July 3rd, 2020, 6:24 am

NOTE ANDY: On a side note, it would be nice if we could post a permanent link to StrackaLine here at Links Corner as a vendor to help the designers find out for themselves what is available. That way we won't have to track down other designers for the information, or try and find past posts on the subject. What do you think Andy? Would that be something we could do? Perhaps their site could be added to the main LC page along with other sites that are there now. If so, I will gather the Web Site information and email addresses, and see if StrackaLine would be down with it also. It would be a good thing that would be of value to both sites, IMO. They are letting us buy these green contour maps at half price now at $47.00 each. At least the designers could decide on their own if they want to voluntarily make the investment into adding realistically contoured greens to their courses.
Dan,

Why don't you start a new topic in this forum with the link and info and I will make it sticky.
Danny D

Post by Danny D »

Andy wrote: July 3rd, 2020, 9:55 am
Danny D wrote: July 3rd, 2020, 6:24 am

Dan,

Why don't you start a new topic in this forum with the link and info and I will make it sticky.
OK Andy, but first let me clear everything with the fella I spoke to today at StrackaLine and see if he minds if I post his email address so that any of us can email him for inquiries on course availability. I'll get back to you and let you know as soon as I find out....

Thanks.

Dan
Completed Courses
Real Courses: The National Golf Club of Kansas City - Wakonda Club - Coeur d'Alene Resort Course
Ian Wells

Post by Ian Wells »

Dan,
I have a number of times checked on the StrakaLine website regarding Wade Hampton and they did not have contour details. Please ask your contact from StrakaLine if they have the details available and I will definately buy the green contour details.
Thank you Dan for your time and effort.
Ian
Danny D

Post by Danny D »

Ian Wells wrote: July 3rd, 2020, 4:23 pm Dan,
I have a number of times checked on the StrakaLine website regarding Wade Hampton and they did not have contour details. Please ask your contact from StrakaLine if they have the details available and I will definately buy the green contour details.
Thank you Dan for your time and effort.
Ian
I'll check with them for you Ian. I see that they have the yardage books, but I'm not sure about the green contours. I'll let you know as soon as I learn anything. :thumbup:

Dan
Completed Courses
Adelade

Post by Adelade »

Thanks Dan, I think Im gonna mail and ask about a few so if anyone else have any courses they wonder about post here and I can ask for you at the same time. Since none or almost none of the courses I plan on asking about are in the US I dont expect them to have them but hopefully it doesnt hurt to ask.
Finished Courses - Main: Amedal (fictional), Nine Bridges (real)
Other: Austin, Sheshan, Kauri Cliffs, Le Golf Nat. Updates: Whirlpool, Royal Lytham, Royal St George's, Chicago, Chambers Bay, Munchen Nord E
Working on: 2 fictional courses + a couple things...
Ian Wells

Post by Ian Wells »

Dan, I’ve just checked with Justin and unfortunately they do not have the green contours for Wade Hampton.
Thanks for your help.
Ian
Jimbo

Post by Jimbo »

Danny D wrote: July 7th, 2020, 1:38 am Hi Guys...

Here is a link to the StrackaLine Site where you can purchase the Greens Contour Booklets for many popular golf courses. https://www.strackaline.com/courses/store

Before you attempt to make a purchase, please contact Justin by email so he can make sure that your course and Contour Books are actually available. Some courses may not be listed on their site yet, so if you ask Justin first, he will be able to confirm for you if they have what you need. Also, please be sure and let him know that you are from Links Corner so you can get them at the discounted price of $47.00. Don't forget that when you fill in their online order form to make a purchase, be sure and add the PROMO CODE "TV33" so you can get the books at the reduced price.
Justin's Email address is justin@strackaline.com

Dan DeShaney
Hi Dan-I just sent you a PM
Jim the Raven Nit-Picker :smile:
gene_golf

Post by gene_golf »

Interestingly I live near where Wyndham is played at Sedgefield in Greensboro, NC and there are a half dozen rinky dinky courses not even to muni level that were once tobacco farms or cow pastures that were converted to so called golf courses nearby and they have since closed in the past 20 years or so mostly to be housing or office parks. But for some strange reason Strakaline still lists these courses for sale on its site. I was confused looking at High Hampton in Cashiers, NC, also renovated by Tom Fazio, but it is another golf course at resort.
Danny D

Post by Danny D »

Jimbo wrote: July 11th, 2020, 3:43 am
Danny D wrote: July 7th, 2020, 1:38 am Hi Guys...

Here is a link to the StrackaLine Site where you can purchase the Greens Contour Booklets for many popular golf courses. https://www.strackaline.com/courses/store

Before you attempt to make a purchase, please contact Justin by email so he can make sure that your course and Contour Books are actually available. Some courses may not be listed on their site yet, so if you ask Justin first, he will be able to confirm for you if they have what you need. Also, please be sure and let him know that you are from Links Corner so you can get them at the discounted price of $47.00. Don't forget that when you fill in their online order form to make a purchase, be sure and add the PROMO CODE "TV33" so you can get the books at the reduced price.
Justin's Email address is justin@strackaline.com

Dan DeShaney
Hi Dan-I just sent you a PM
Jim the Raven Nit-Picker :smile:
Hi Jimbo... I haven't received any PM's from you. :dunno: Maybe you should try again.

Dan
Completed Courses