Just Curious

Share your designing tips with other Designer's. Find answers to your problems using the APCD.
Jimbo

Just Curious

Post by Jimbo »

As a very interested observer I'm just curious as to how many different courses you might have "on the burner" at any particular point? Is it just "One & Done" or is there always something in the bullpen? (pardon the mixed metaphor). :rofl:

Just curious...
woody4077

Re: Just Curious

Post by woody4077 »

it really depends on the designer some only do one course at a time others have "many balls in the air" so to speak
sagevanni

Post by sagevanni »

I have around 20 on the burner at some point of work......some close to finished, others just starting......Some I get into and decide at the time.....NAW, I don't like this one......I have even re-looked at some of those and decided to finish them off.........So I am all over the place.....

Sage.... :smile:
If there is one thing ................ummmmmmmm.......I can't remember.
Adelade

Post by Adelade »

I strive to have around 3 APCD projects going at the same time, I like having options to work on different things based on my particular mood of the moment when I want to start up APCD. Very often a certain course project gets "stuck" on some process that is less fun than others, then I like being able to work on something different with APCD without being forced to do something thats not very enjoyable. It probably does make it more difficult to finish certain courses but I think its healthy in the long term. We're all different and whats best for one person isnt going to be whats best for everyone, this is just how I like it for myself :thumbup: Anyhow, the above is how I strive for things to be, but I actually have around 8 projects going at the moment in total... I'm trying to tell myself to be fair with myself and stop getting myself involved in too many things but Im worried the number will keep growing.. :laugh:
Finished Courses - Main: Amedal (fictional), Nine Bridges (real)
Other: Austin, Sheshan, Kauri Cliffs, Le Golf Nat. Updates: Whirlpool, Royal Lytham, Royal St George's, Chicago, Chambers Bay, Munchen Nord E
Working on: 2 fictional courses + a couple things...
pmgolf

Post by pmgolf »

One at a time - but then I'm new to it!

Pete
Stephen Sullivan

Post by Stephen Sullivan »

One at a time here. Because of personal issues I won't go into here, I prefer to work on one thing at once.
Danny D

Post by Danny D »

I only work on one at a time, but spend almost an equal amount of time helping others with various things.

:cheers1: Dan
Completed Courses
Real Courses: The National Golf Club of Kansas City - Wakonda Club - Coeur d'Alene Resort Course
Fictitious Courses: Northern Lakes - Golfcom Tees
Southern Oaks - Hometown 9 hole real course with a fictitious back 9 added
AJ Allen

Post by AJ Allen »

Danny D wrote: June 29th, 2020, 2:03 pm I only work on one at a time, but spend almost an equal amount of time helping others with various things.

:cheers1: Dan
And it is much appreciated by beginners like myself. Thank you. :smile: Also, I only work one one thing at a time, because I like to give all my attention to whatever I'm working on. Too many irons in the fire just doesn't work well for me.

Cheers, AJ
Ian Wells

Post by Ian Wells »

Only one at a time, and sometimes that is too much. :wallbash:
Ian
72Animal

Post by 72Animal »

Many fires, even more pokers. I suppose the variety IS what drives me. I rarely suffer from APCD burnout because I guess I'm always tinkingering. A conversation on a real golf course with friends last week had me do the layouts and meshing to 3 extinct courses at Wild Wing Plantation just this week!
The various courses and their various stages let me select from it like a buffet....and who doesn't like buffet! Importing, laying out and meshing. Elevation work and texturing. 3d work. Graphics work for textures, previews and panos. I even still do stuff with Links animations and clothing.

That being said, I"m trying to get some final or beta versions out. Finals for Oak Hill CC and Royal Liverpool. Betas for Abu Dhabi GC and Hamilton CC. Betas for 2 alterations I've been working on for the previously created Southern Hills CC and Medinah #3. For me, many balls in the air but my juggling skills are not as good as some.