weird lines...anyone seen this before?

Share your designing tips with other Designer's. Find answers to your problems using the APCD.
72Animal

weird lines...anyone seen this before?

Post by 72Animal »

Hi everyone, I loaded up my old beta of Oak Hill Country Club this morning in Links. I got these purple lines in every shot? Anyone seen this before? Fixes? I plan on opening it up in APCD too. I opened my beta of Abu Dhabi GC too and did not have the same problem. Only difference is Abu uses stock textures and Oak Hill uses custom ones downloaded from here. Thanks in advance for your feedback!

Edit: Yes attaching the picture always helps! Thanks LeWaW
Attachments
purple lines.jpg
purple lines.jpg (299.63 KiB) Viewed 3774 times
Last edited by 72Animal on June 27th, 2020, 8:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LeWAW

Re: weird lines...anyone seen this before?

Post by LeWAW »

Maybe with a screenshot it will be easyer to help you ?
CIAO, LeWAW :cheers1:
LeWAW

Post by LeWAW »

Never saw this problem, but it seems to be a texture problem, those lines follow the texture...
Have you try to replace it with another one ?
dorse72

Post by dorse72 »

were lines used as a guide to striping? probably not with the rough, but only thing I could think of, maybe a transparent layer that was never removed, my only guess. :dunno:
Danny D

Post by Danny D »

72Animal wrote: June 27th, 2020, 6:31 pm Hi everyone, I loaded up my old beta of Oak Hill Country Club this morning in Links. I got these purple lines in every shot? Anyone seen this before?
I find it rather odd that they don't show up in the TOP cam. :unsure:
Completed Courses
Real Courses: The National Golf Club of Kansas City - Wakonda Club - Coeur d'Alene Resort Course
Fictitious Courses: Northern Lakes - Golfcom Tees
Southern Oaks - Hometown 9 hole real course with a fictitious back 9 added
LeWAW

Post by LeWAW »

Danny D wrote: June 29th, 2020, 4:03 am
72Animal wrote: June 27th, 2020, 6:31 pm Hi everyone, I loaded up my old beta of Oak Hill Country Club this morning in Links. I got these purple lines in every shot? Anyone seen this before?
I find it rather odd that they don't show up in the TOP cam. :unsure:
I think top cam don't manage alpha-channel, that's why I think Dorse is right, it's a texture problem during it's creation...
Adelade

Post by Adelade »

One possible explanation for it not showing up on top cam would be if its only the Near texture having the lines, it looks as if the lines dont show up further away in the main cam but its also possible thats just simply because it gets too blurry to see such details. I opened the course myself at the same spot and didnt see the lines.
Finished Courses - Main: Amedal (fictional), Nine Bridges (real)
Other: Austin, Sheshan, Kauri Cliffs, Le Golf Nat. Updates: Whirlpool, Royal Lytham, Royal St George's, Chicago, Chambers Bay, Munchen Nord E
Working on: 2 fictional courses + a couple things...
72Animal

Post by 72Animal »

Thanks everyone, I opened up a different file of the the course and it didnt happen. Don't remember where the texture is from. Win 10 and Links and APCD do weird stuff some times I guess.
Still Linksing

Post by Still Linksing »

72Animal wrote: June 29th, 2020, 4:19 pm Thanks everyone, I opened up a different file of the the course and it didnt happen. Don't remember where the texture is from. Win 10 and Links and APCD do weird stuff some times I guess.
This may be related to old games with new hardware and Win 10. Strange things can happen with textures especially when users are running Win 10 with old games and it may only happen on some systems. I tried the course and worked fine for me. All I'm suggesting, anyone running Win 10 should expect to possibly one day find something like this and have no way to explain it.
For all the old golf games visit:
Golf Sim Clubhouse