Designers - Screenshots please

Share your designing tips with other Designer's. Find answers to your problems using the APCD.
Andy
Site Admin

Designers - Screenshots please

Post by Andy »

Calling all designers. :tiphat:

For a long time now, the web page for each course has had the facility to display screenshots like so.

screenshots.jpg
screenshots.jpg (42.88 KiB) Viewed 7693 times
However, few if any designers are taking advantage. Here is a step by step guide to taking screenshots and getting them added to the course page.

1. Take a screenshot (I use the PrtScr key).
2. Open Photoshop or whatever graphics program you use and paste the screenshot (in Photoshop, File - New - Image from clipboard).
3. Crop the image to 590 px wide by 442 px high.
3. Auto sharpen the image.
4. Save the image as a 'High' , Quality 60' jpeg which should keep the filesize down below 100k. Please name the files xxx_1.jpg, xxx_2.jpg etc etc.

Zip the files together and upload to LC using this page https://linkscorner.org/upload/other.php .

I hope this helps.
Andy
Site Admin

Re: Designers - Screenshots please

Post by Andy »

A tip I forgot to add.

Take the screenshot during the downswing and most of the unwanted screen furniture (swing meter, lie and wind indicators etc) will not obscure the course.
Stephen Sullivan

Post by Stephen Sullivan »

Andy, how many pictures do you want? One for each hole or just a selection?

Also thought I would mention that its worth using the replay facility and using Ctrl + F10 to get jpeg in the Links folder.
sagevanni

Post by sagevanni »

Hi Andy,

I've been lacking in my screens......will start up again.....Thanks for the reminder...!!!!!

Sage..... :smile:
If there is one thing ................ummmmmmmm.......I can't remember.
Adelade

Post by Adelade »

For a long time I've thought of asking if it'd be ok for me to upload screenshots for other people's courses that dont have any on their course download page. I dont know if I would get around to actually doing it anytime soon, and of course I would only do it for courses that I care most about, but do you think that would be appropriate Andy?
Finished Courses - Main: Amedal (fictional), Nine Bridges (real)
Other: Austin, Sheshan, Kauri Cliffs, Le Golf Nat. Updates: Whirlpool, Royal Lytham, Royal St George's, Chicago, Chambers Bay, Munchen Nord E
Working on: 2 fictional courses + a couple things...
AJ Allen

Post by AJ Allen »

OK, so if I am going to be uploading a final version soon, can I just put the screenshots in the zip file with the course and readme?

Also, I found I can get some nice views by changing the camera to the smart panorama one. Then as the ball is coming into land you get a nice overhead view, and can press the print screen buttonn just before the shot details overlay comes on screen.

Cheers, AJ
Andy
Site Admin

Post by Andy »

Stephen Sullivan wrote: June 19th, 2020, 10:24 am Andy, how many pictures do you want? One for each hole or just a selection?

Also thought I would mention that its worth using the replay facility and using Ctrl + F10 to get jpeg in the Links folder.
I usually regard 6 or 7 as sufficient. When I used to add the screenshots I tried to make sure that they gave an overall representation and included a tee, a bunker, any water, 3D work etc etc.
Andy
Site Admin

Post by Andy »

AJ Allen wrote: June 19th, 2020, 11:31 am OK, so if I am going to be uploading a final version soon, can I just put the screenshots in the zip file with the course and readme?

Also, I found I can get some nice views by changing the camera to the smart panorama one. Then as the ball is coming into land you get a nice overhead view, and can press the print screen button just before the shot details overlay comes on screen.

Cheers, AJ
Yes, that would be OK.
Andy
Site Admin

Post by Andy »

Adelade wrote: June 19th, 2020, 11:13 am For a long time I've thought of asking if it'd be ok for me to upload screenshots for other people's courses that dont have any on their course download page. I dont know if I would get around to actually doing it anytime soon, and of course I would only do it for courses that I care most about, but do you think that would be appropriate Andy?
I don't see why not. :thumbup:
LeWAW

Post by LeWAW »

Great feature Andy :clapping:
Just one question, for a new course, do you want a separated Zip file or in the same zip file with the course ?
CIAO, LeWAW :cheers1: