Bunkerlip Alpha

Share your designing tips with other Designer's. Find answers to your problems using the APCD.
AJ Allen

Bunkerlip Alpha

Post by AJ Allen »

I was never completly happy with my seam blends around the bunkers. 2 of them... one from rough to dirt, the inside one dirt to sand.

Trouble was, just to much dirt when those seams are in place. The standard bunkerlip alpha that comes with APCD is about 50% width for each texture. So I modified it to be only 25% dirt and 75% for the other texture. I'm much happier with the seam blends now, I have that nice narrow band of blended dirt instead of a wide strip. The image below shows the bunkerlip on one of the greenside bunkers.

Maybe there were already alphas around to download that would do the same thing, but I didn't have one. I'm sure other people doing their designwork will have equally good or better solutions, but this works for me. And of course I'm happy to pass on the alpha is anyone wants it.

Cheers, AJ
Attachments
bunkerlip.jpg
bunkerlip.jpg (292.19 KiB) Viewed 4542 times
Stephen Sullivan

Re: Bunkerlip Alpha

Post by Stephen Sullivan »

You have a PM :thumbup:
AJ Allen

Post by AJ Allen »

Thanks for that alpha pack Stephen. And in case anyone wants this one, I have 2 versions. Normal and flipped so if one isn't correct way for your blend the other will be. https://www.mediafire.com/file/kd12g3ld ... w.zip/file

Cheers, AJ
pmgolf

Post by pmgolf »

Wicked download site! Nothing I click on gives me the download unless I join Mediafire. All other clicks give me junk software! It's a tiny file - how about if I PM you my email address?

Pete
AJ Allen

Post by AJ Allen »

pmgolf wrote: May 30th, 2020, 2:55 pm Wicked download site! Nothing I click on gives me the download unless I join Mediafire. All other clicks give me junk software! It's a tiny file - how about if I PM you my email address?

Pete
Bummer, I didnt know it made you do that. Sorry. Sure, PM yr email and I will send to you. I have a dropbox account, if I can just remember my login details :whistle:

Edit.. managed to change dropdox password and get back on. Here is the link https://www.dropbox.com/s/ou74pld3ln9d3 ... w.zip?dl=0
pmgolf

Post by pmgolf »

Got it! Thank you, AJ!

Pete
AJ Allen

Post by AJ Allen »

That screenshot probably doesn't show clearly how thin the seam can be. I have attached another closeup, the strip of dirt is about 2-3 inches, which is much thinner than I can get with the default bunker alpha. To my eye at least, it's a big improvment.

Cheers, AJ
Attachments
bunkerlip2.jpg
bunkerlip2.jpg (48.17 KiB) Viewed 4494 times
pmgolf

Post by pmgolf »

Just what I was looking for!

Pete
AJ Allen

Post by AJ Allen »

pmgolf wrote: May 30th, 2020, 6:52 pm Just what I was looking for!

Pete
Did you try them out Pete? I have redone all my seam blends, I'm much happier with the look of my bunkers.

Cheers, AJ
Stephen Sullivan

Post by Stephen Sullivan »

AJ Allen wrote: May 30th, 2020, 5:10 pm That screenshot probably doesn't show clearly how thin the seam can be. I have attached another closeup, the strip of dirt is about 2-3 inches, which is much thinner than I can get with the default bunker alpha. To my eye at least, it's a big improvment.

Cheers, AJ
That looks excellent. Need to read up on the technique for stuff like that to create stuff like this :helpsmilie:
close-house-13th-colt6617.jpg
close-house-13th-colt6617.jpg (73.81 KiB) Viewed 4466 times