Muirfield

Share your designing tips with other Designer's. Find answers to your problems using the APCD.
MrMoggie

Re: Muirfield

Post by MrMoggie »

Thanks, guys

I'm watching Danny D's 3D building tutorials to try to attempt the clubhouse and adjacent Greywalls hotel

This could end badly ...

Steve
alarduran

Post by alarduran »

Hi, Steve.

These clubhouse plans could be useful to you. I got them some years ago from the East Lothian Council web page (from the planning section, more precisely).
Regards.
CLUBHOUSE-1.jpg
CLUBHOUSE-1.jpg (447.63 KiB) Viewed 4364 times
CLUBHOUSE-2.jpg
CLUBHOUSE-2.jpg (856.38 KiB) Viewed 4364 times
MrMoggie

Post by MrMoggie »

That's great, thanks

Steve
woody4077

Post by woody4077 »

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
72Animal

Post by 72Animal »

I would make some nice big textures of those and build from that! Steve if you get frustrated with the 3d stuff (I enjoy it actually, planting is my nemesis) I would be willing to take a crack at it. Already have a whole bunch of textures that would work too from Royal Liverpool.
MrMoggie

Post by MrMoggie »

72Animal - if you want to have a go at the clubhouse I'd be delighted!

I just can't get my head around 3D

I've got photos, or just Google Muirfield clubhouse, but it looks a massively complicated building

The only other building visible is the Greywalls hotel next to the clubhouse

Happy to send you the course file if you fancy a crack

Steve
alarduran

Post by alarduran »

Hi, Steve, Sean.

I found this one too. Roof plan.
Regards.
CLUBHOUSE-3.jpg
CLUBHOUSE-3.jpg (282.77 KiB) Viewed 4270 times
AJ Allen

Post by AJ Allen »

Hey Steve, I know you are not the only one that struggles with the 3D side of things. I certainly do. Something I found to make things easier, was to put all the windows and doors for one side of a building onto a brickwork background, all sized correctly in proportion to each other.

That way, if you has one side of the building with (for example) 4 windows and one main door, you would only need one texture background that has all the objects in the correct positions. Then just position and size it with the gizmo. I found that to be much easier than putting in a heap of recatangles for each window and door. That's what I did with the clubhouse on my own course, and while it's not perfect, it's passable, IMO.

Cheers, AJ
braden1308

Post by braden1308 »

When I build a clubhouse I have found it to be of help to take a satellite image of the clubhouse, make a tga file of the image then scale it on the course. I then take a texture off plot and make it big enough to handle the scaled clubhouse texture, add the new clubhouse texture to it and go from there. That way you always have something to go from on screen as well as whatever you may have on chrome or explorer for reference. It may seem like a lot of work but when you get used to it things are much simpler.
CHfront.jpg
CHfront.jpg (205.91 KiB) Viewed 4247 times
CHback.jpg
CHback.jpg (103.73 KiB) Viewed 4247 times
I still have a lot to do on this clubhouse but it is coming along nicely. Just thought I would pass this along as for some it may be something to make 3D building easier (for a clubhouse) or maybe too much.

Glenn
MrMoggie

Post by MrMoggie »

Once again, thanks to everyone for the tips and advice

Steve