APCD with 2001 3D objects

Share your designing tips with other Designer's. Find answers to your problems using the APCD.
AKABunk

APCD with 2001 3D objects

Post by AKABunk »

:oops: Feeling a bit stupid here. I've had APCD for years and have played a bit with laying out courses, but not seriously. Now am retired and have the time to get serious about it. I've downloaded Danny D's zip of APCD with the 2001 objects included but I can't seem to find any way to use them They aren't appearing anywhere in APCD - I can't add them to a planting set because they don't show on the objects tab dropdown. My goal is to follow Danny D's idea for customizing the Planting set groupings and then just having the objects I want to use in it. Unfortunately, i'm stuck at step 0!! :wallbash:

Any guidance would be appreciated. . .
Adelade

Re: APCD with 2001 3D objects

Post by Adelade »

The developers of APCD thought it'd be funny to hide 3D objects a little bit :whistle: Press '3D Objects' in the top right corner of the object library window to get them to show up.
Finished Courses - Main: Amedal (fictional), Nine Bridges (real)
Other: Austin, Sheshan, Kauri Cliffs, Le Golf Nat. Updates: Whirlpool, Royal Lytham, Royal St George's, Chicago, Chambers Bay, Munchen Nord E
Working on: 2 fictional courses + a couple things...
Danny D

Re: APCD with 2001 3D objects

Post by Danny D »

AKABunk wrote: May 20th, 2020, 5:21 am :oops: Feeling a bit stupid here. I've had APCD for years and have played a bit with laying out courses, but not seriously. Now am retired and have the time to get serious about it. I've downloaded Danny D's zip of APCD with the 2001 objects included but I can't seem to find any way to use them They aren't appearing anywhere in APCD - I can't add them to a planting set because they don't show on the objects tab dropdown. My goal is to follow Danny D's idea for customizing the Planting set groupings and then just having the objects I want to use in it. Unfortunately, i'm stuck at step 0!! :wallbash:

Any guidance would be appreciated. . .
Hiya Bunk...

The copy that I provided starts out with the standard 2003 "default" planting set already installed. The 2001 objects are also included in the APCD folders, but they have not been "added" to the 2003 default planting set. Therefore you won't see them in your existing default planting set yet. You must open up your OBJECT LIBRARY and then select the "OBJECTS TAB. At the top center will be a drop-down list containing all 2D and 3D objects. Over on the top right corner you will see a couple of radio button selections for 2D and 3D objects. You must go into the list of objects and manually select whichever object types that you want to add to your planting default set and then add them to your planting set.

NOTE: Many designers warn against adding any of the 2D objects from the 2001 planting set. They say they suspect a few of the 2001 objects are possibly corrupt, and might cause problems. I can't verify that. I'm just passing on what I've heard.

If you have any problems figuring this out, drop back in again and I'll go into more detail if needed.

On another note, since you mentioned building your own "custom" planting set, I would suggest that you select NEW from the menu icon in the object library, and save a new EMPTY planting set. Then you can go thru the objects that you want in it and add them to your custom planting set. You can build as many different custom sets as you like. Just start with a NEW EMPTY one each time and name it something you can identify. Then at any time you want you should be able to select your specific planting set for use on specific projects.

Hope that helps, and good luck,

Dan
Completed Courses
Real Courses: The National Golf Club of Kansas City - Wakonda Club - Coeur d'Alene Resort Course
Fictitious Courses: Northern Lakes - Golfcom Tees
Southern Oaks - Hometown 9 hole real course with a fictitious back 9 added