Custom 3D tees

Share your designing tips with other Designer's. Find answers to your problems using the APCD.
sagevanni

Custom 3D tees

Post by sagevanni »

Hi All,

I might get into custom 3D tee markers.........

My question is this.........How do I get rid of the default tee markers so they do not show up in the game....????? I might want to place my custom tees in totally different places on the tee area.

Sage..... :smile:
If there is one thing ................ummmmmmmm.......I can't remember.
gator

Re: Custom 3D tees

Post by gator »

If you can’t make them go away, can you make them transparent? Kind of like the Ani and/or the clubs.
sagevanni

Post by sagevanni »

I can not find any info to do that in APCD.......not sure about the game.......

Sage....
EJ55

Post by EJ55 »

You need to create a 32x32 TGA with an alpha channel surrounding a 1 bit color dot that blends in with the tee area at least that's the way I've been taught and have done it.

You'll want to place these tees slightly outside the tee area where it isn't noticeable so the player doesn't hit it. I create a set of faces with 6 verts the middle two verts being the center and move it from tee area to tee area to line my 3D tees up.

It's time consuming but it works, and the effects look good if you want something different. If you are using a 2D object the same thing is needed. I have to make a new tee separator (set of faces) but I believe the distance I was using is around 2.91 yards but I'm not certain.

An example.

Your 3d tees should be on the edge of the floating faces once they are the correct distance apart, the floating faces will be the guide throughout the course.
Last edited by EJ55 on May 13th, 2020, 3:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.
sagevanni

Post by sagevanni »

Thanks EJ55.......will try that....

alarduran

Post by alarduran »

Hi, Sage.

When I was working on Muirfield, several years ago, I created a 32x32 TGA with an alpha channel surrounding a 1-pixel white dot in the middle. Doing so, you can see them into the game as reference for your 3D tees. And you always can hide them later if you put the 3D tees over the white dot.
I attach an example from the Colonial Country Club.

Regards.
InvisibleTee.jpg
InvisibleTee.jpg (232.05 KiB) Viewed 3962 times
sagevanni

Post by sagevanni »

Hi alarduran,

Your technique works perfectly....!!!!! I finally figured out what you described.
Very simple.......

EJ55,

I don't get your technique.

Thanks everyone...!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :smile: :clapping: :smile: :clapping:
EJ55

Post by EJ55 »

Folks, my previous method was so time consuming (and I'm patient) I thought there has to be a better way for me to get at this to get the tees consistent as I can. Thanks to Aladuran's post I went to bed last night thinking....

Anyway here's what I have feel free to use it if you like.

Here's the 1024 texture if anyone can use it in jpeg form , make certain the 2d or 3d object isn't inside the guides.

PNG. of the tee placement

Hope it helps someone.
Danny D

Post by Danny D »

sagevanni wrote: May 13th, 2020, 2:09 pm Hi All,

I might get into custom 3D tee markers.........

My question is this.........How do I get rid of the default tee markers so they do not show up in the game....????? I might want to place my custom tees in totally different places on the tee area.

Hi Sage...

Not exactly sure what you had in mind when you said this. "I might want to place my custom tees in totally different places on the tee area." When you are playing a game in Links, the game will always place your golfer just behind the DEFAULT tees. Custom tees will have no bearing whatsoever on where your golfer hits from. They are only there for looks. No matter where you place them on a teebox, your golfer will always be placed where the default tees would be if they weren't invisible.
Completed Courses
Real Courses: The National Golf Club of Kansas City - Wakonda Club - Coeur d'Alene Resort Course
Fictitious Courses: Northern Lakes - Golfcom Tees
Southern Oaks - Hometown 9 hole real course with a fictitious back 9 added