Tees not within the range allowed for the par

Share your designing tips with other Designer's. Find answers to your problems using the APCD.
sodbuster

Tees not within the range allowed for the par

Post by sodbuster »

I have a short par five and cannot plant the tees for the distance they are in the real course. *Tees not within the range allowed for the par*
I'm sure there was a way to work around this problem but don't remember how. Any help appreciated.
Adelade

Re: Tees not within the range allowed for the par

Post by Adelade »

Im not 100% sure if this will work, but I would try this (to be extra safe its wise to save a backup of the course before):
1. Select the hole in the list top right
2. Go to the submenu Plan > Move
3. Remove the checkmarks from "Lock Tee Center" and "Lock Green Center"
4. Select the 4 "dots" that define the hole path. Make sure you do NOT also select any shapes that you do not want to mess with along with them! You can use the shift key to add things in sequence to your selection. Perhaps you DO want to select the hole boundary though depending on how much you need to move, not sure... I would first try without selecting it.
5. Move all the points closer towards the green by at least the same amount that your desired tee is "too short" according to the game.
6. Plant your tee(s).
7. Move the points back to their original place. Doublecheck that pins were unaffected to be safe.

This method may not work if you used "Auto Create All Shapes" when you first defined the hole path, because then the game wont let you move certain points outside of tee/green shapes. If this is the case for you, unfortunately your only solution may be to delete the defined hole path and re define the hole using the advanced setting "Create Hole Boundary Shape for existing terrain". This would mean you would have to replant all tees and pins... Someone else might have some other suggestion though.
Finished Courses - Main: Amedal (fictional), Nine Bridges (real)
Other: Austin, Sheshan, Kauri Cliffs, Le Golf Nat. Updates: Whirlpool, Royal Lytham, Royal St George's, Chicago, Chambers Bay, Munchen Nord E
Working on: 2 fictional courses + a couple things...
sodbuster

Post by sodbuster »

Udaman Adelade! That worked. But there still is a small problem. The Scorecard shows a different yardage tee to green. I can live with it but would rather not have to. See below.
Also I fixed my problem with the tee colors showing up wrong. I had to click on Course Properties and go to the Hole Info tab and then click on the Add Rating(s) to Tee button. Once there I had to add the two remaining ratings (Forward and Junior) to the Ladies rating and the tee now shows up red as it is supposed to.
Attachments
Scorecard Fubar02.jpg
Scorecard Fubar02.jpg (211.47 KiB) Viewed 3716 times
Scorecard Fubar01.jpg
Scorecard Fubar01.jpg (216.9 KiB) Viewed 3716 times
Adelade

Post by Adelade »

Nice. Scorecard yardages confuse me so I dont know. I recently briefly tried to change the scorecard yardage of a hole by both moving pins and "center of the green" and neither seemed to affect the scorecard yardage which I thought really rather odd. Since it wasnt a big deal to me and I barely cared I didnt look further into it. Not sure exactly what determines it, would love to find out. Perhaps what matters is where pins or pin #0 (#1 in APCD) or the center of green is at the very moment tees are planted.
Other: Austin, Sheshan, Kauri Cliffs, Le Golf Nat. Updates: Whirlpool, Royal Lytham, Royal St George's, Chicago, Chambers Bay, Munchen Nord E
Danny D

Post by Danny D »

Adelade wrote: April 1st, 2020, 7:13 am Nice. Scorecard yardages confuse me so I dont know. Not sure exactly what determines it, would love to find out.
Score card yardages are determined by the distance between pin #1, (or pin zero in Links) and each tee. Pin 1 is supposed to be placed near the center of the green. From then on, where ever you place each tee box will be the distance shown on the scorecard.

Once you plant a pin and set up all of the correct tees at the right distance, you cannot move the pin. Otherwise it changes ALL of the yardages. The proper thing to do if you want to lengthen or shorten one of the specific tees on a hole would be to move that specific tee forward or backwards to match the yardage you are looking for.

:cheers1: Dan
Completed Courses
Real Courses: The National Golf Club of Kansas City - Wakonda Club - Coeur d'Alene Resort Course
Fictitious Courses: Northern Lakes - Golfcom Tees
Southern Oaks - Hometown 9 hole real course with a fictitious back 9 added
Adelade

Post by Adelade »

Danny D wrote: April 1st, 2020, 12:36 pmScore card yardages are determined by the distance between pin #1, (or pin zero in Links) and each tee. Pin 1 is supposed to be placed near the center of the green. From then on, where ever you place each tee box will be the distance shown on the scorecard.

Once you plant a pin and set up all of the correct tees at the right distance, you cannot move the pin. Otherwise it changes ALL of the yardages. The proper thing to do if you want to lengthen or shorten one of the specific tees on a hole would be to move that specific tee forward or backwards to match the yardage you are looking for.
But recently I tried moving all my pins to the extreme back edge of a green just to test, did V&S and checked, scorecard hadnt changed at all. There must be at least some other factor we're missing.
pmgolf

Post by pmgolf »

Lez Marwick had a lesson where he ran into that problem with a par 3. I think it was Episode 8.

Pete
sodbuster

Post by sodbuster »

Another thing...the APCD shows the proper yardage under the Pin Tab but under the Tee Tab it shows a different yardage for the back tee and N/A for the other two tees. Also the other two tees are immovable after planting them using the method above. :dunno: