A Tip on Properly Sizing 2D and 3D Objects...

Share your designing tips with other Designer's. Find answers to your problems using the APCD.
Danny D

A Tip on Properly Sizing 2D and 3D Objects...

Post by Danny D »

Hi gang...

Just another APCD tip...

One of the things I've noticed when playing many courses throughout the years has been that planted 2D and 3D objects are not sized properly. That's an easy thing to overlook. I've done it myself. I've mentioned this before in random replies, but just want to make a specific post about it for any new members that might be looking thru the forums for designing tips. Here's my suggestion on a method for properly sizing planted objects.

Make a "Tournament Official" your friend. :thumbup:

When you plant objects such as ball washers, trash cans, flowers, rocks, houses and buildings etc., you have to adjust their sizes. Try planting a tournament official next to the objects. They are pre-adjusted to proper height, so when you plant one next to an object, you can use him as a comparison and adjust your object so it looks the right size next to him. No need to do it on every single object. Once you set the first one, simply lock the size on that objects properties so it will be the same size next time you plant it.

On 2D and 3D houses, set the tournament official next to a door and adjust the size of the house until the doors looks correct with a man standing beside it.

I find it best to do this to each different object when you first set its properties in the planting set. That way you can be assured that your objects are sized correctly.

Properly sized objects go a long way in adding to the realism that we strive for when designing courses for our fellow Linksters.

Hope that helps,

Dan :cheers1:
Completed Courses
Real Courses: The National Golf Club of Kansas City - Wakonda Club - Coeur d'Alene Resort Course
Fictitious Courses: Northern Lakes - Golfcom Tees
Southern Oaks - Hometown 9 hole real course with a fictitious back 9 added