Why Complicate Things

Share your designing tips with other Designer's. Find answers to your problems using the APCD.
derricksummers

Why Complicate Things

Post by derricksummers »

Hole 5.png
Hole 5.png (3.82 MiB) Viewed 4876 times
Adelade

Re: Why Complicate Things

Post by Adelade »

Not sure exactly what posts you are talking about but if its the sticky, I feel like it's pretty obvious. The answer to your topic headline question would be "To avoid having corrupt objects in the first place". If you feel your methods work for you then of course keep doing things your way, I dont think anyone would object to that. The sticky is just there as a guide for those who want or seek it, if you always notice when objects are corrupted and dont mind swapping them out for a second-choice object then thats fine - just ignore it.
Finished Courses - Main: Amedal (fictional), Nine Bridges (real)
Other: Austin, Sheshan, Kauri Cliffs, Le Golf Nat. Updates: Whirlpool, Royal Lytham, Royal St George's, Chicago, Chambers Bay, Munchen Nord E
Working on: 2 fictional courses + a couple things...
derricksummers

Post by derricksummers »

:notworthy: Hi Adalade
I agree with what you say, everyone as thier own way of doing things
My remarks were not aimed at the Sticky,There are a number of posts
that to me look very complicated, any New Designer for what its worth
could be put off trying to understand them, But for people like Danny
and Lez I would not be doing any designing, I remember what the APCD
looked like when I first opened it many years ago. It was a time when
the forum was full of questions on how to solve problems and everyone
was willing to share thier work with others At my age I just find it hard
to get my head around anything to complicated, Sorry if my remarks
have offended anyone it was not my intention, I just keep things simple
I would love to get back to the days Before the craze for Locking courses
:thumbup: :notworthy: :surrender:
Derrick
Adelade

Post by Adelade »

Yeah I understand, its indeed always really nice to have more designers, but I also think its best not to sugarcoat things and instead be real about the fact that things can go wrong in good old APCD without some care put in the right places, and openly provide solutions. I was wondering Derrick, do you design anything in APCD now since you came back?
Finished Courses - Main: Amedal (fictional), Nine Bridges (real)
Other: Austin, Sheshan, Kauri Cliffs, Le Golf Nat. Updates: Whirlpool, Royal Lytham, Royal St George's, Chicago, Chambers Bay, Munchen Nord E
Working on: 2 fictional courses + a couple things...
derricksummers

Post by derricksummers »

Hi Adalade

I never really left, my problem is that I get severe pins and needles in my arms and hands
and my fingers go very stiff and painful, this happens if I am doing anything for about
15 minutes and I have to pack it in untill things get back to normal. Can be very frustrating.
They dont know what the cause is, they think it could be pressure on a nerve somewhere.
I kept the course I was working on and I have just started planting on hole one. I would like
a better Panorama for it but I dont know where to get one for free. Only on old age pension
Below are three pics of the hole but this is just a trial run for a rough idea how it can look
New Course.png
New Course.png (667.39 KiB) Viewed 4777 times
New Course 2.png
New Course 2.png (1.79 MiB) Viewed 4777 times
New Course.3.png
New Course.3.png (1.82 MiB) Viewed 4777 times
:dunno: :yes: Its just a case of plodding on, but there does seem to be a slight improvment
Derrick
pmgolf

Post by pmgolf »

Derrick - my sciatic nerve got nicked in surgery and I wound up with neuropathy (partial paralysis in my right leg below the knee). Long story short, I suffered those severe pins and needles in my right foot for over a year and was given a medicine called gabapentin (plus, for the pain, oxycontin and hydrocodone). It reduced the sensations. That was 15 years ago. Thought I would mention it.

The plantings look great.

Pete
gator

Post by gator »

Derrick,

The plantings on that hole are looking very nice!

You mentioned you were looking for a new panorama, I have 78 in my collection that I have acquired through the years almost all of them from either here or APCD-Courses. Not sure who the "authors" are if it isn't hidden in the edges of the images. You are welcome to any/all of them. Just let me know if you're interested.
loner
Site Admin

Post by loner »

derricksummers

Post by derricksummers »

:notworthy: :thumbup: Thanks all for the replies ( Its just like old times )
Thanks Andy, I have downloaded the Zip Files, I have used danials Panoramas
on my previous courses, he does a superb job on them and a good one makes
a course come to life.
I would love to have the Panaramas you have. Thanks for the offer. I just do
not have the knowledge to make my own things they just dont work out
The courses I have done all rely on the good will of members to share things
Sage I would like to use some of the hole numbers you have done if O.K
If I had to mention the members Past and Present who have helped me over
the years I would run out of space, ( Where have all the Designers gone ???? )
Derrick :tiphat:
gator

Post by gator »

Here is a link to download the panoramas in my collection - https://we.tl/t-MuHP4TDfXy. I have included a pdf file where I attempted to identify the author/creator/designer (not sure of the correct word here for panos).

All but one of Rick Weathers' panos say "acceptable use by permission only" at the bottom of the image. At the bottom of this page of his website - http://xilverdesigns.20m.com/photo3.html - it says "And, just so everyone knows, all my panos are available to subscribing members of apcd-courses.com and can be directly downloaded from that site." I did obtain them from apcd-courses.com when I was a subscribing member. Exactly four years ago today, I emailed him (email address on the website) requesting information on a pano and two courses he had in the works. He never responded. The website has not been updated since before I emailed him. His last course was a P2P/P4P, Xilver Prairie (2007) on 8/2/2007, which was re-released 12/22/2019 as a free download here on Links Corner.

As always, WeTransfer links are good for seven days.