APCD 3D House Tutorial

Share your designing tips with other Designer's. Find answers to your problems using the APCD.
Danny D

Re: APCD 3D House Tutorial

Post by Danny D »

Stephen Sullivan wrote: August 1st, 2020, 8:57 pm I do have the APCD Mod with some instructions how to use it. No way I'm contacting Andrew Jones though, after he banned me from the PG forum :whistle:
Hi Stephen. Did you ever get that tool to work? I have it also, along with some instructions that I never was able to fully understand well enough to actually attempt to try it. :rules: :sad:

Dan
Completed Courses
Real Courses: The National Golf Club of Kansas City - Wakonda Club - Coeur d'Alene Resort Course
Fictitious Courses: Northern Lakes - Golfcom Tees
Southern Oaks - Hometown 9 hole real course with a fictitious back 9 added
Stephen Sullivan

Post by Stephen Sullivan »

Like you I couldn't really fully understand the instructions.
PatAuge

Post by PatAuge »

Hello all,

I use to have the tool but that was a heck of a long time ago. I’ll give Mike Jones a tingle perhaps he still has it.

Cheers
Pat Auge
PatAuge

Post by PatAuge »

Danny D wrote: August 2nd, 2020, 1:35 am
Lez Marwick wrote: August 1st, 2020, 3:43 pm
brooks2345 wrote: August 1st, 2020, 1:15 pm However, might it not be possible to create just one caravan off site (they're all pretty much the same) then add that to the planting set and re-use 300+ times?
There was a tool made that allowed cloning of 3D created from terrain but only a few designers were given access to it. I'm sure Dr. Rob Miller used it on one of his courses to clone multiple 3D power lines that he made from terrain. He was a member on the Perfect Golf forum when I was there a few years ago, so he may still be contactable there. The tool was probably made by Andrew Jones, the creator/co-creator of the 1.07 mod and Links Extender, and the lead programer of Perfect Golf, so he may also be able to make the tool available.
Hi Lez... I recall some talk about that tool here on the forums, but from what I remember, the instructions were kind of vague, and I don't remember anyone mentioning that they actually got it to work. :unsure:

Dan
They surely did!! The tool was created with me in mind!! I was the most prolific 3D builder back then!!

Pat Auge
PatAuge

Post by PatAuge »

I taught Rob 😂😂😂
braden1308

Post by braden1308 »

You taught me too Pat, how have you been? The tool was very easy to use once you explained it to me but since then I haven't used it enough to get as proficient as I would have liked to.

Hope you are well,
Glenn
PatAuge

Post by PatAuge »

braden1308 wrote: February 11th, 2021, 12:01 am You taught me too Pat, how have you been? The tool was very easy to use once you explained it to me but since then I haven't used it enough to get as proficient as I would have liked to.

Hope you are well,
Glenn
I’m good my friend it’s been an awful long time!! But oh boy I’m excited that APCD is still alive! Wish I had a desktop and the designer still. You know I’d love to have a little fun with it again. I once built a golf bag and clubs in the program. Holy crap that was a toughie😂😂
PatAuge

Post by PatAuge »

Glenn,

I’m sure most people here now would have no clue who I am 😂😂 Mr Dinosaur now
braden1308

Post by braden1308 »

There aren't very many of us dinosaurs left :smile: but it's nice to see you checked in. I have really been sporadic with my designs over the last few years, computer problems then life have kept me away from the APCD . My last work was a clubhouse for Winged Foot which Eric Dorsey is working on and as far as my own designs I have a few ready to plant and some others on the shelf, I just need to find time to work on them.

Glenn

BTW, I have the mod and could upload it to be available here but the way the instructions are worded they are very confusing and I think most people would get frustrated with it.
PatAuge

Post by PatAuge »

braden1308 wrote: February 11th, 2021, 1:44 am There aren't very many of us dinosaurs left :smile: but it's nice to see you checked in. I have really been sporadic with my designs over the last few years, computer problems then life have kept me away from the APCD . My last work was a clubhouse for Winged Foot which Eric Dorsey is working on and as far as my own designs I have a few ready to plant and some others on the shelf, I just need to find time to work on them.

Glenn

BTW, I have the mod and could upload it to be available here but the way the instructions are worded they are very confusing and I think most people would get frustrated with it.
Once I see instructions it might come back to me!!