Importing 3D Objects into APCD 1.5 from 1.0

Share your designing tips with other Designer's. Find answers to your problems using the APCD.
Brandywine

Importing 3D Objects into APCD 1.5 from 1.0

Post by Brandywine »

Help. Newbie question for sure, but how do I competently import the 3D objects within APCD 1.0 into APCD 1.5? Both programs are installed on my computer. I've read that some of the 2D objects are corrupted and I'm assuming I'd have to import ALL the objects. Not sure how to proceed. Any help/advice is greatly appreciated.

Kev
If you can't run with the big dogs, stay on the porch! ~ Kev
Danny D

Re: Importing 3D Objects into APCD 1.5 from 1.0

Post by Danny D »

Brandywine wrote: November 19th, 2019, 3:12 am Help. Newbie question for sure, but how do I competently import the 3D objects within APCD 1.0 into APCD 1.5? Both programs are installed on my computer. I've read that some of the 2D objects are corrupted and I'm assuming I'd have to import ALL the objects. Not sure how to proceed. Any help/advice is greatly appreciated.

Kev
Hi Brandywine. If you give me a bit of time, I will try to create a tutorial on how to complete this process. I might be able to get it done by sometime tomorrow night.

:cheers1: Dan
Completed Courses
Real Courses: The National Golf Club of Kansas City - Wakonda Club - Coeur d'Alene Resort Course
Fictitious Courses: Northern Lakes - Golfcom Tees
Southern Oaks - Hometown 9 hole real course with a fictitious back 9 added
Danny D

Post by Danny D »

Brandywine wrote: November 19th, 2019, 3:12 am Help. Newbie question for sure, but how do I competently import the 3D objects within APCD 1.0 into APCD 1.5? Both programs are installed on my computer. I've read that some of the 2D objects are corrupted and I'm assuming I'd have to import ALL the objects. Not sure how to proceed. Any help/advice is greatly appreciated.

Kev
Hi again Brandywine...

No need for me to make another tutorial. Lez Marwick explains all you need in his 2 videos. Here are the links to them. This should tell you all you need to know.

Library Merge
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1AX3WFr2O-Y

Adding 2001 files to the planting set
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2dogE6rmP_M

Comment: Even though the Library Merge adds all of the 2001 2D and 3D files to your existing 2003 OBJECT LIBRARY, just make sure you don't select any of the 2D objects in the Object Library and press the "Add to Planting Set" button. Just select all of the 3D objects and add them to the planting set.

Here is a list of the existing 2003 2D object folders. Once the Library Merge is complete, you will have more folders added from the 2001 library. Here is a list of the 2003 folders. Just make sure you don't add any of the 2D objects from the folders that are NOT on this list...

Good luck,

Dan
Attachments
OL_2003_Folders.jpg
OL_2003_Folders.jpg (75.9 KiB) Viewed 3659 times
Completed Courses
Real Courses: The National Golf Club of Kansas City - Wakonda Club - Coeur d'Alene Resort Course
Brandywine

Post by Brandywine »

Thanks Danny.
I completed all the steps as indicated in the videos. The Library Merge was completed. I can see the new 3D folders and files in the Object file in APCD 1.5 folder, but, when I go to the planting tab/objects/object types, there are NO new 3D or 2D objects in the library. :wallbash: :wallbash: It's not a showstopper for now, but it is frustrating. I'm hoping it's something simple/overlooked, but thanks for helping.

Kev
Danny D

Post by Danny D »

Brandywine wrote: November 20th, 2019, 12:12 am Thanks Danny.
I completed all the steps as indicated in the videos. The Library Merge was completed. I can see the new 3D folders and files in the Object file in APCD 1.5 folder, but, when I go to the planting tab/objects/object types, there are NO new 3D or 2D objects in the library. :wallbash: :wallbash: It's not a showstopper for now, but it is frustrating. I'm hoping it's something simple/overlooked, but thanks for helping.

Kev
OK, first, open the APCD and then open the Object Library.

Select the left tab (Object Library). Look at top right corner of the screen and follow these instructions...
Attachments
objects.jpg
objects.jpg (200.58 KiB) Viewed 3635 times
Completed Courses
Brandywine

Post by Brandywine »

Danny
I redid everything, same problem, and after an entire evening spent on this...voila, the objects appeared! SMDH :dunno: :dunno: :dunno:
The Matrix is something else! Thanks again for the help.

Kev