Adjusting 3D objects

Share your designing tips with other Designer's. Find answers to your problems using the APCD.
Ian Wells

Re: Adjusting 3D objects

Post by Ian Wells »

Dan,
Thank you very much.
I haven't used many 3D objects because I thought it wasn't possible to adjust individual axis.
The reason I asked the question was not so important, but I can now look to use them a lot more.
Thanks also to Lez :thumbup:

I read your reply to Derek regarding Irfanview, and I must say since you recommended it to me a few years ago it has been invaluable, especially to view .tga files when I am planting.

Thank you once more, Dan. :tiphat:
Ian
Danny D

Post by Danny D »

Ian Wells wrote: January 30th, 2023, 11:02 am Dan,
Thank you very much.
I haven't used many 3D objects because I thought it wasn't possible to adjust individual axis.
The reason I asked the question was not so important, but I can now look to use them a lot more.
Thanks also to Lez :thumbup:

I read your reply to Derek regarding Irfanview, and I must say since you recommended it to me a few years ago it has been invaluable, especially to view .tga files when I am planting.

Thank you once more, Dan. :tiphat:
Ian
You're most welcome Ian and Adelade. Glad I could help. I learned all about adjusting 3D objects on The National of KC. I had close to 200, 3D objects planted all over that plot, and they are sized and stretched to fit where needed. :smile:

As far as Irfanview, I've used it for years. It has many many options, too numerous to mention. But a couple of them I find handy are the ability to view the channels (including alphas), and the ability to view multiple size thumbnails for .tga files. Also you can page thru folders full of pictures by double-clicking on one, and then using the keyboard arrow pad to scroll thru them one at a time in either a windowed mode, or, if you hit enter, full screen mode. It will also do slideshows.

Dan :cheers1:
Completed Courses
Real Courses: The National Golf Club of Kansas City - Wakonda Club - Coeur d'Alene Resort Course
Fictitious Courses: Northern Lakes - Golfcom Tees
Southern Oaks - Hometown 9 hole real course with a fictitious back 9 added
braden1308

Post by braden1308 »

[/quote]Hi Glenn.

It seems like I mentioned this to you quite a while back, but there is no need to actually install the APCD. You can simply drop one of the copies I provided into a folder and it will run fine without the need to install it. I provided 2 copies of the APCD. One standard copy, and another copy with the 2001 object library in it.

I have 5 copies of the APCD on my computer. The each work independently from one another and do not cause any problems. I only use one copy at a time. I never try to open more than one copy. (I don't think you could even if you want.) I've been doing it like this since I started The Nat GC of Kansas City. I also created Wakonda and Coeur d'Alene in separate copies of the APCD. I actually still have them on my computer. :smile: When I am building a new course, I make a copy of the APCD and name it's main folder the name of the course, and I NEVER EVER open any other courses in it except for the one I'm building. I also have a copy for testing courses for problem. Any time I want to work on a course for someone, I use the TEST APCD and delete the "USER.LIB" before I open it.

Hope that helps.

Dan
[/quote]

Hi Dan,

Just saw this post. I have tried your APCD and it doesn't work for me. I'm not sure why, but I have tried it, but for some reason when I add the mod it constantly crashes. I only work with the mod version because it makes the tedious 3D work easier.

Glenn
Danny D

Post by Danny D »

braden1308 wrote: January 31st, 2023, 10:56 pm I only work with the mod version because it makes the tedious 3D work easier.

Glenn
:thumbup:
Completed Courses
Real Courses: The National Golf Club of Kansas City - Wakonda Club - Coeur d'Alene Resort Course
Fictitious Courses: Northern Lakes - Golfcom Tees
Southern Oaks - Hometown 9 hole real course with a fictitious back 9 added