Adjusting 3D objects

Share your designing tips with other Designer's. Find answers to your problems using the APCD.
Ian Wells

Adjusting 3D objects

Post by Ian Wells »

I have installed a 3D fence, (3D2K3Fence000.XYZ), and I would like to adjust only the height, keeping the base of the fence at the same elevation.
Is this possible?
Thank you.
Ian
Last edited by Ian Wells on January 30th, 2023, 12:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
braden1308

Re: Adjusting 3D objects

Post by braden1308 »

You could try selecting the planted fence, then use the scale tool on the y axis. This should increase the height
Ian Wells

Post by Ian Wells »

Hi Glenn,
No matter which axis is selected, all three scale together.
The golfers will just have to be extra careful when they walk along that edge. :smile:
Thanks,
Ian
braden1308

Post by braden1308 »

Sorry Ian, I am currently unable to try and help by testing here. I am in the process of reins1alling my APCD. So I havee nothing to work with.

Glenn
Danny D

Post by Danny D »

Ian Wells wrote: January 29th, 2023, 11:00 am Hi Glenn,
The golfers will just have to be extra careful when they walk along that edge. :smile:
Thanks,
Ian
Hi Ian. Which fence is it? I'd like to check it out for you if you don't mind. :smile:

Dan :cheers1:
Completed Courses
Real Courses: The National Golf Club of Kansas City - Wakonda Club - Coeur d'Alene Resort Course
Fictitious Courses: Northern Lakes - Golfcom Tees
Southern Oaks - Hometown 9 hole real course with a fictitious back 9 added
Danny D

Post by Danny D »

braden1308 wrote: January 29th, 2023, 12:10 pm Sorry Ian, I am currently unable to try and help by testing here. I am in the process of reins1alling my APCD. So I havee nothing to work with.

Glenn
Hi Glenn.

It seems like I mentioned this to you quite a while back, but there is no need to actually install the APCD. You can simply drop one of the copies I provided into a folder and it will run fine without the need to install it. I provided 2 copies of the APCD. One standard copy, and another copy with the 2001 object library in it.

I have 5 copies of the APCD on my computer. The each work independently from one another and do not cause any problems. I only use one copy at a time. I never try to open more than one copy. (I don't think you could even if you want.) I've been doing it like this since I started The Nat GC of Kansas City. I also created Wakonda and Coeur d'Alene in separate copies of the APCD. I actually still have them on my computer. :smile: When I am building a new course, I make a copy of the APCD and name it's main folder the name of the course, and I NEVER EVER open any other courses in it except for the one I'm building. I also have a copy for testing courses for problem. Any time I want to work on a course for someone, I use the TEST APCD and delete the "USER.LIB" before I open it.

Hope that helps.

Dan
Completed Courses
Real Courses: The National Golf Club of Kansas City - Wakonda Club - Coeur d'Alene Resort Course
Ian Wells

Post by Ian Wells »

Dan,

Thank you
Last edited by Ian Wells on January 30th, 2023, 12:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ian Wells

Post by Ian Wells »

Dan,

I have installed a 3D fence, (3D2K3Fence000.XYZ), and I would like to adjust only the height, keeping the base of the fence at the same elevation.
Any help is appreciated.

Thank you.
Ian
Danny D

Post by Danny D »

Ian Wells wrote: January 29th, 2023, 11:00 am Hi Glenn,
Thanks,
Ian
Hi Ian. Here's how you can scale it in any direction that you want.

Go to Lez videos, APCD 39 and move to the 7 minute mark. He will describe how to manipulate 3D objects and stretch them in any direction.

Episode 39. Planting and manipulating 3D objects http://youtu.be/ebixXgPLRus

Dan
Completed Courses
Adelade

Post by Adelade »

I watched that video 4 years ago or something but I didnt remember that Ctrl part - that is great to know! Thanks Ian and Dan for causing this discovery :thumbup: When Ian first brought up the question, I didnt feel fully sure, I havent done much planting with 3D objects, but I thought it probably couldnt be done. This method seems like it could be useful sometime.
Finished Courses - Main: Amedal (fictional), Nine Bridges (real)
Other: Austin, Sheshan, Kauri Cliffs, Le Golf Nat. Updates: Whirlpool, Royal Lytham, Royal St George's, Chicago, Chambers Bay, Munchen Nord E
Working on: 2 fictional courses + a couple things...