Linkster

Share your designing tips with other Designer's. Find answers to your problems using the APCD.
sagevanni

Linkster

Post by sagevanni »

I want to personally thank Linkster for everything he has done to improve the design aspect for all us course designers.

THANK YOU Linkster.....!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :cheers1: :cheers1: :cheers1: :cheers1:

Sage....... :smile: :cheers1: :smile: :cheers1: :smile: :cheers1: :smile: :cheers1:
If there is one thing ................ummmmmmmm.......I can't remember.
Ian Wells

Re: Linkster

Post by Ian Wells »

I second that. :cheers1: :cheers1:

Ian
Danny D

Post by Danny D »

Put me in with that bunch. :thumbup: I'll third that! :cheers1: :cheers1: :cheers1:

Dan
Completed Courses
Real Courses: The National Golf Club of Kansas City - Wakonda Club - Coeur d'Alene Resort Course
Fictitious Courses: Northern Lakes - Golfcom Tees
Southern Oaks - Hometown 9 hole real course with a fictitious back 9 added
braden1308

Post by braden1308 »

make it four :cheers1:
linkster

Post by linkster »

I guess I should check on the forums more often. I didn't expect to see a topic started on .... me! Feels awkward!

As I just said to Ian in a PM, the work I do in QGIS to get the course terrains into APCD doesn't take that long. The real work still happens in APCD. The process of getting a real course into Links that has LIDAR data available should now be faster and much more accurate. It just happened to be me that put it all together to get the process sorted out.

There will be a tutorial on all this LIDAR DEM stuff. It's about half written right now. Once Sage slows down his course requests I'll get to finish it.

(Just kidding Sage! Keep them coming! :thumbup: )

:cheers1: :cheers1: :cheers1:
Danny D

Post by Danny D »

linkster wrote: November 3rd, 2022, 12:23 am I guess I should check on the forums more often. I didn't expect to see a topic started on .... me! Feels awkward!

As I just said to Ian in a PM, the work I do in QGIS to get the course terrains into APCD doesn't take that long. The real work still happens in APCD. The process of getting a real course into Links that has LIDAR data available should now be faster and much more accurate. It just happened to be me that put it all together to get the process sorted out.

There will be a tutorial on all this LIDAR DEM stuff. It's about half written right now. Once Sage slows down his course requests I'll get to finish it.

(Just kidding Sage! Keep them coming! :thumbup: )

:cheers1: :cheers1: :cheers1:
Hi Linkster! Is there any way for you to tell if there are "LIDAR DEM" data available for Shadow Creek, in Las Vegas?

Shadow Creek Location 36°15'28.36" N 115°06'27.60" W
Completed Courses
Real Courses: The National Golf Club of Kansas City - Wakonda Club - Coeur d'Alene Resort Course
Fictitious Courses: Northern Lakes - Golfcom Tees
Southern Oaks - Hometown 9 hole real course with a fictitious back 9 added
linkster

Post by linkster »

Hi Danny D

Looks like there is a LIDAR DEM from 2016 for Shadow Creek in Las Vegas. It has a nice compact "square" layout and can be done at a 2m x 2m grid for APCD. If you are interested just give me a shout. :smile:

There are lots of sources of LIDAR DEM's from all across the world, but the most complete source for the US is The Nation Map (TNM).

https://apps.nationalmap.gov/downloader/#/

Input your Lat and Long coordinates in the search bar and it will bring up the location. On the left toolbar select Elevation Products (3DEP) and select only the 1m DEM. Click on Search Products above the left toolbar and this will bring up download links to any DEM's that cover the map screen.

:cheers1:
Colin Jones

Post by Colin Jones »

And five..........thanks Linkster.
Completed: Golf Club of Houston (Redstone); Banff Springs; Mauna Kea 2024
Working on: Royal Sydney (2024); NSW Golf Club (2024)
Paul44

Post by Paul44 »

Thanks Linksters.
The toughest shot in golf is your next one.
EJ55

Post by EJ55 »

Holy Toledo! Daniel forwarded me the file and the level of detail on elevations floored me. I get amazed as I work in top and perspective view and watch the elevations as faces are painted.. I've been around here and there since APCD was included with Links and have been privy to elevation files made with the APCD hack from APCD courses back in the day and the elevations rival anything I've seen from the stuff that I've previously viewed.

Great job Daniel!