What Does "Render Selection" mean?

Share your designing tips with other Designer's. Find answers to your problems using the APCD.
Danny D

What Does "Render Selection" mean?

Post by Danny D »

Hi guys...

On the APCD menu is a section called "Render". It has 3 options. Render Course, Render Hole, and Render Selection. I know what the first 2 are, but don't fully understand the purpose of "render selection". Logically, from it's name, one would think you should be able to manually select an area for it to render by itself, but I have not figured out how to do that. It always renders an aerial view of the entire plot no matter what I select, or how I select it.

Any ideas how that is supposed to work? :unsure:

TIA,

Dan
Completed Courses
Real Courses: The National Golf Club of Kansas City - Wakonda Club - Coeur d'Alene Resort Course
Fictitious Courses: Northern Lakes - Golfcom Tees
Southern Oaks - Hometown 9 hole real course with a fictitious back 9 added
Adelade

Re: What Does "Render Selection" mean?

Post by Adelade »

It goes by areas selected with the Box Zoom All tool (top-right-ish in APCD, below the Zoom tool) - it can be used in the Top View. There might be other ways to make selections too, not sure, but thats the one I've used for it. You can select the area both before and after swapping to Render Selection.
Finished Courses - Main: Amedal (fictional), Nine Bridges (real)
Other: Austin, Sheshan, Kauri Cliffs, Le Golf Nat. Updates: Whirlpool, Royal Lytham, Royal St George's, Chicago, Chambers Bay, Munchen Nord E
Working on: 2 fictional courses + a couple things...
derricksummers

Post by derricksummers »

:notworthy: :thumbup: Hi Danny, just a bit more detail on what Adelade said.
Render.png
Render.png (1.57 MiB) Viewed 895 times
I use it all the time, It saves the program from reading unwanted areas
When its on the screen you can box select a wider area to work on.
In Top View,Just select the icon in the top pic and then Render Selection
Derrick
Adelade

Post by Adelade »

Also, keep in mind that even if verts and objects and stuff outside the area arent rendered by APCD, they're still possible to select and manipulate, so dont let that happen accidentally :thumbup:
Finished Courses - Main: Amedal (fictional), Nine Bridges (real)
Other: Austin, Sheshan, Kauri Cliffs, Le Golf Nat. Updates: Whirlpool, Royal Lytham, Royal St George's, Chicago, Chambers Bay, Munchen Nord E
Working on: 2 fictional courses + a couple things...
Danny D

Post by Danny D »

Thanks Adelade and Derrick! :notworthy: :notworthy: All these years and I never used that function cause I never knew how to select an area. Seems like the more I use this APCD, the less I know about it. :dunno:

Dan :cheers1:
Completed Courses
Real Courses: The National Golf Club of Kansas City - Wakonda Club - Coeur d'Alene Resort Course
Fictitious Courses: Northern Lakes - Golfcom Tees
Southern Oaks - Hometown 9 hole real course with a fictitious back 9 added