Texture Blend

Share your designing tips with other Designer's. Find answers to your problems using the APCD.
derricksummers

Texture Blend

Post by derricksummers »

:notworthy: Just made a restart on my course thats been lying idle for some time due to my fingers problem. Below is a little playabout I have done to see what textures would blend, any comments
:unsure:
Screenshot_3.png
Screenshot_3.png (1.87 MiB) Viewed 1497 times
Derrick
gator

Re: Texture Blend

Post by gator »

Derrick,

All of the blends from one texture to the next in that image look very realistic. The transparency of the water as it comes to the shoreline so that we can see the shoreline dipping below the waterline is really nice!

Leo
sagevanni

Post by sagevanni »

Very nice Derrick...............
I hope your finger problem only gets better........................

Sage.......... :cheers1:
If there is one thing ................ummmmmmmm.......I can't remember.
Adelade

Post by Adelade »

Not a big fan of the somewhat blue-ish dull colour of the texture between the rough and the rocky shore, but otherwise I think they all look very good together in that picture. Happy to see you're back and designing.
Finished Courses - Main: Amedal (fictional), Nine Bridges (real)
Other: Austin, Sheshan, Kauri Cliffs, Le Golf Nat. Updates: Whirlpool, Royal Lytham, Royal St George's, Chicago, Chambers Bay, Munchen Nord E
Working on: 2 fictional courses + a couple things...
derricksummers

Post by derricksummers »

:thumbup: Hi Sage, nice to see you are still active. I was very dissapointed at not being able to come up with a quick fix for your course, I spent many hours trying different ideas but the only way I could get rid of the lines in the bunkers was to delete the entire bunker and do the verts again. I still have the course on my drive, I have defined the hole paths, planted tees and pins and it is now playable in Links. Its a shame to give the course up as its very unusual, it would be quite a bit of work to redo the bunkers but one I think would be worth it. Good news about my fingers next week I am having electrode test on them to see if they can find the problem and possibly operate. ( Its only been 18 months since it started ) and they have been fobbing me off trying different tablets and wrist splints which did no good.
Adelade,All seam blends are really a personal choice of the designer as to textures and Alphas but if you get it right it looks great. Some years ago I had a rock texture that had some blue and white marks in it, it looked nothing special until it was used in a seam blend. The marks in it made the water look as if it was splashing up the rocks and running down again, very sticking but alas a computer blow out caused me to lose everything, I had not done a back up.I can only do so long with my finger problem and I have just had a go at planting hole one. Not to sure about it though ??
:thumbup: :notworthy:
Screenshot_1.png
Screenshot_1.png (1.26 MiB) Viewed 1433 times

Derrick
sagevanni

Post by sagevanni »

Hi Derrick,
Maybe I'll give the course another look some time.
Unless you want to take over?

Sage....... :cheers1:
derricksummers

Post by derricksummers »

:notworthy: Hi Sage I would love to take up your offer, One thing I would do is to use the layout exactly as you have done it, and try to replace the bunkers as they are as this seems to be the main problem with the lines. I allready have the course up and running in Links so I could use my own textures do the seam blends and then hand it back for you to plant how you want it. The textures can be altered anytime, I just feel its a shame to lose the course after all the work you have put in
Derrick :notworthy: :cheers1: Any suggestions would be welcome. :thumbup:
sagevanni

Post by sagevanni »

Hi Derrick,
I love your suggestion....!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Go ahead and do your thing and when satisfied link it back to me for finishing.
Sounds like a great plan...!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sage...... :smile: :cheers1: :smile: :cheers1: :smile: :cheers1:
Duck Hook

Post by Duck Hook »

Derrick, in that picture has something gone awry with the texture properties of the seam blends, or am I seeing things? Or is it just from swapping out textures?
derricksummers

Post by derricksummers »

:dunno: Not quite sure what you are seeing with the seam blends, the far one on the fairway as not been done. The problem I am having is with my screen capture it wont do anything in Links so I have had to take it from the APCD picture, thats why no panarama is showing. The seams look O.K in links
:notworthy: Derrick