Texture Blend

Share your designing tips with other Designer's. Find answers to your problems using the APCD.
derricksummers

Re: Texture Blend

Post by derricksummers »

:thumbup: Hi Sage. Made a start by taking a screen capture of all the bunkers so I can make them as near as possible to the ones you have done.
Screenshot_1.png
Screenshot_1.png (252.89 KiB) Viewed 1226 times
Derrick
sagevanni

Post by sagevanni »

Hi Derrick,
Just a suggestion here.
You could also make a shape along the edge of all the bunkers. The shape will stay when you delete the verts for the bunkers and still have an outline of the original bunker shape.

Sage...... :cheers1:
If there is one thing ................ummmmmmmm.......I can't remember.
derricksummers

Post by derricksummers »

:dunno: I tried that method when I was testing and when I filled in the other rings the lines were still present. I will give it another go and see what comes up. If I can get the first bunker to come out O.K I can make a bit of progress. When I was doing the tests one of your sand textures was giving problems and another glitch I came across was when I set everything to zero with the painter the red circle remained very large and I had to switch off and try again
The motto were I worked was if at first you dont succed ( Leave it for the next shift ) :rofl: :notworthy:
Derrick
derricksummers

Post by derricksummers »

:dunno: Hi Sage, I have completly redone the bunker with all new verts, In the first pic I have used my own textures, and in the next one the textures you are using. Thats the texture I mentioned that I was having trouble with. very confusing because if I use your vert layout with my textures the lines show up, but with my verts and your texture the lines are there again. With my verts and textures no lines, so I am going to see if its a vert or texture problem or both
:unsure: :wallbash: :dunno:
Derrick
Bed time now so tomorrows another day.
Screenshot_2.png
Screenshot_2.png (1.28 MiB) Viewed 1202 times
Screenshot_3.png
Screenshot_3.png (1.36 MiB) Viewed 1202 times
Duck Hook

Post by Duck Hook »

Ah ok, that explains it...lol
Good luck with the course...
:cheers1:
T
sagevanni

Post by sagevanni »

Hi Derrick,
I like what you are doing, nice job... :smile: :cheers1:
Can't wait to see what you have come up with and finish the course.
Thanks very much for choosing to work on the course....!!!!!

Sage....
If there is one thing ................ummmmmmmm.......I can't remember.
derricksummers

Post by derricksummers »

:dunno: Hi Sage Looks like I have hit a dead end, I switched on this morning and the lines were back even on the holes I had redone. I have changed all the textures to the ones I use, deleted the Lib file so there is no trace of your textures when the course is loaded but its made no difference.
Screenshot_4.png
Screenshot_4.png (758.16 KiB) Viewed 1170 times
:dunno: The only thing now left on the course is the verts in all the other bunkers that you have done, I dont think deleting all the bunkers is going to solve this problem what ever it is. Any suggestions enybody
:unsure: :wallbash: :helpsmilie:
Derrick
braden1308

Post by braden1308 »

Guys, as I said before. It is more of an APCD glitch than anything else, no real answer just headaches and wasted time trying to figure it out. Not to say there isn't an answer and someday maybe some one will come across it, but i'll live with it.