Edge Defects

Share your designing tips with other Designer's. Find answers to your problems using the APCD.
Danny D

Re: Edge Defects

Post by Danny D »

Adelade wrote: September 6th, 2022, 4:15 pm Dan, did you find anything out?
No, I have not looked at it yet. Been pretty busy and it slipped my mind. :dunno:
Completed Courses
Real Courses: The National Golf Club of Kansas City - Wakonda Club - Coeur d'Alene Resort Course
Fictitious Courses: Northern Lakes - Golfcom Tees
Southern Oaks - Hometown 9 hole real course with a fictitious back 9 added
Adelade

Post by Adelade »

I admit I didnt spend a lot of time on it nor tried a lot of things, but the things I was mostly curious to test and was a tiny bit hopeful about didnt work :/ Tried converting the alpha to various different resolutions, tried swapping the alpha to a couple different ones, no noticeable change. I didnt have the energy to try build a new bunker with the same textures. I think building the bunkers with different vert structures could work or at least help a bit, but you may have to ask yourself if you're ok with using different (at least darker) textures... I very much understand the frustration, I dont think I've ever seen the defect being this bad anywhere before...
Finished Courses - Main: Amedal (fictional), Nine Bridges (real)
Other: Austin, Sheshan, Kauri Cliffs, Le Golf Nat. Updates: Whirlpool, Royal Lytham, Royal St George's, Chicago, Chambers Bay, Munchen Nord E
Working on: 2 fictional courses + a couple things...
sagevanni

Post by sagevanni »

Thanks for the effort Adelade...................

I am for now totally out of ideas myself.

Sage..... :cheers1:
If there is one thing ................ummmmmmmm.......I can't remember.
derricksummers

Post by derricksummers »

:dunno: Hi Sage . I did not get your message, and I have tried the link you gave for getting the course but Drop Box will not run on XP it needs windows 7 or more. I have only just got the computer up and running again, it just went haywire. Blue Screen - Graphics braking up - and no sound. There is a small firm local that just repair computers and they test it free. It needed a new hard drive and Graphics and sound sorting out, plus a Memory upgrade and they said they would do this for £200 and reinstall XP from the disc I had, and get me back up and running on the internet. A lot cheaper than buying a new one. My old programs run perfect on XP, I had to reinstall everything but I had backed up all the CRZ files ! including about 200 courses. :notworthy:
The only problem I am having trouble with is the screen capture program, it will capture everything except something off Links the screen just goes blank. I used to use Screen Print 32 but it just wont let me download it so I am using Lightshot. I am not very well up with computers so I dont know how I can get your course
Derrick
Duck Hook

Post by Duck Hook »

Sage, I just downloaded the course and will check it out after work.
Although if the others couldn't find anything, I doubt I will. Anyway, I will have a look

:cheers1:
T
sagevanni

Post by sagevanni »

Thank you everyone who gives the bunker a go.................
Derrick, I don't know what to tell you...............

Sage..... :smile: :cheers1:
derricksummers

Post by derricksummers »

:dunno: The only thing I can think of is what I suggested before and that is upoload it as a Beta onto the course list. I could then download it. I dont know if Andy would like this ?. I would love to have a look at it as I enjoy fault finding
Derrick :thumbup: :notworthy:
Andy
Site Admin

Post by Andy »

derricksummers wrote: September 8th, 2022, 10:19 am :dunno: The only thing I can think of is what I suggested before and that is upoload it as a Beta onto the course list. I could then download it. I dont know if Andy would like this ?. I would love to have a look at it as I enjoy fault finding
Derrick :thumbup: :notworthy:
Try this download

DOWNLOAD Sage Course Here

sagevanni

Post by sagevanni »

Thanks for the assist Andy...!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sage...... :smile: :cheers1: :smile: :cheers1:
Duck Hook

Post by Duck Hook »

This is so weird. I tried everything I could think of. Swapping out textures and alphas, building a bunker from scratch, rotating the plot, manipulating verts and edges, simplifing the verts in the bunker and removing the seam blends altogether and replacing them with extrusions and new mappings and a second time with my cambrian ridges textures and still the same problem. Safe to say, I don't know :dunno: Just to check I finished off some bunkers on the loblolly course at cambrian ridge and there was no problem. As I said, it's weird. Sorry mate, but I am of no help