Generating Shadows....

Share your designing tips with other Designer's. Find answers to your problems using the APCD.
morvio100

Generating Shadows....

Post by morvio100 »

Just a quick question for you designer maestros out there, is there any way you guys could generate low cast shadows(as in evening or early morning) ...as in the attached pics...I don't know if you guys would have to paint/directly on to fairway or green textures....I have no idea how the engine generates shadow files...I think some courses on here have really great shadow files two that come to mind are Pine Valley and Wentworth 2014..this game is only surpassed in very small details like shadows/and maybe animated foliage by such by modern games such as TGC and maybe Perfect Golf(neither of which I play - I did make the mistake of purchasing Perfect Golf, played a few games and left it, physics very poor and mechanics even worse, I haven't looked back since dl'ing this oldy but goldy)...neither I might add have physics that come close to this great sim...I still think think the courses on here a more beautiful and technically accurate than either of the two other games...wouldn't it be great though if this sim could generate those low shadows..throw in Daniel Watsons beautiful sky 3 ...and wow....maybe it is impossible....
Attachments
EEVENING SHADOWSges.jpg
EEVENING SHADOWSges.jpg (7.68 KiB) Viewed 2007 times
LOW SHADOWSges.jpg
LOW SHADOWSges.jpg (6.75 KiB) Viewed 2007 times
AUGUSTA LONG SHADOWSages.jpg
AUGUSTA LONG SHADOWSages.jpg (10.42 KiB) Viewed 2007 times