Seam Blending Recalculate UVs

Share your designing tips with other Designer's. Find answers to your problems using the APCD.
sagevanni

Seam Blending Recalculate UVs

Post by sagevanni »

Hi Fellow Designers,

I was wondering if any of you have noticed this APCD "thing" for lack of a better name.

When you have made your seam blend, have you noticed if you are zoomed in on the blend that if you recalculate it again it "smooths" it even more...???

You can really see the difference on a bunker edge seam blend with a grass like alpha. If you go back and recalculate it, it will look better than the 1st time you made the blend.

Let me add this......you can see this phenomenon best by going back to a previous blend and recalculating it.

Examples...........You can see a subtle difference, sometimes it can make a seam blend look better..............Just sayin'
Before..............
blend-1.JPG
blend-1.JPG (188.55 KiB) Viewed 973 times
After............
blend-2.JPG
blend-2.JPG (192.28 KiB) Viewed 973 times
Am I making myself clear...........????? Just thought I'd mention it.

Sage....... :cheers1:
If there is one thing ................ummmmmmmm.......I can't remember.
Ian Wells

Re: Seam Blending Recalculate UVs

Post by Ian Wells »

Sage,

I can't see it on your screen shots, so I tried it in APCD and still couldn't see anything, but my eyesight is very bad. :dunno:

Perhaps if I try it after my lunchtime aperitif and glass of wine everything will be revealed. :whistle:

:cheers1:

Ian
sagevanni

Re: Seam Blending Recalculate UVs

Post by sagevanni »

Hi Ian,

LMAO :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: .....Yep, that works for me sometime also....................!!!!!!

It may not happen all the time but give it a try every so often and I'm almost sure you will see it.

Sage...... :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :cheers1: :cheers1: :cheers1:
If there is one thing ................ummmmmmmm.......I can't remember.