Getting textures and Buildings.

Share your designing tips with other Designer's. Find answers to your problems using the APCD.
Danny D

Re: Getting textures and Buildings.

Post by Danny D »

braden1308 wrote: April 14th, 2022, 11:39 am Any of the custom 3D objects that were either made in #D Max or a similar program can be imported through Extender but the process is complicated. They basically have to be dismantled on the x,y and z axis then put back together.

The other 3D objects are all found in the libraries after you merge them, so if you are importing anything it's just duplication
Hi Glenn...

I've been trying to find a way to put together another 3D object library for a long time. I've seen the the process you described so I know it can be done, but I've tried and just cannot figure it out. I gave up trying and set out to pay someone else to do it for me. I visited several 3D sites where all the graphics nerds hang out and create 3D objects for all sorts of computer programs. I have put out messages on their forums offering to work with someone that understood the old xyz formats. I never got a single hit from anyone. I suppose it's such an old technology that takes only certain graphics programs to save in that format, that there's no one still around willing to take it on. I wanted some new objects like a fleet of cars to put on parking lots, and a few more 3D houses. I was willing to pay for it myself, or take up a collection, voluntary, of course.

No luck. :sad:

Dan
Completed Courses
Real Courses: The National Golf Club of Kansas City - Wakonda Club - Coeur d'Alene Resort Course
Fictitious Courses: Northern Lakes - Golfcom Tees
Southern Oaks - Hometown 9 hole real course with a fictitious back 9 added
braden1308

Re: Getting textures and Buildings.

Post by braden1308 »

Hi Dan,

Andrew Jones ran me through the process years ago when I had 3D Max. I could never get it right though, I had some nice bleacher’s in 3D but couldn’t get them transferred over.