Austin Country Club John Brooks

Share your designing tips with other Designer's. Find answers to your problems using the APCD.
GoesForIt

Austin Country Club John Brooks

Post by GoesForIt »

https://www.strackaline.com/courses/313/info

To John Brooks or anyone looking to redo Austin Country club, I will buy and have sent to you the Strackaline greens book so the greens can be made right.

If anyone is working on it, send me you name and address and I'll have the booklet mailed directly to you.

Austin is a great and important course for Links. It was good to see Mr. Brooks switch the nines for match play, but watching the tournament on TV, I just don't think the greens are as severe as he made them... actually more than that, they may be close to accurate but the available pin placements are totally unrealistic and frankly unfair.

So, John or anyone working on Austin, let me know by PM and I'll have the booklet mailed to you.
braden1308

Re: Austin Country Club John Brooks

Post by braden1308 »

Adalade already has them for his redo
GoesForIt

Post by GoesForIt »

braden1308 wrote: March 28th, 2022, 11:23 pm Adalade already has them for his redo
Great!
Adelade

Post by Adelade »

Yeah, Im on a sort of forced vacation from APCD at the moment because of computer problems, but I can guarantee that the new version of Austin will be finished before next year's PGA event there, at the very least. It will have the accurate greens thanks to Glenn who provided them :thumbup: More info about the course project can be found in this thread: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1396
Finished Courses - Main: Amedal (fictional), Nine Bridges (real)
Other: Austin, Sheshan, Kauri Cliffs, Le Golf Nat. Updates: Whirlpool, Royal Lytham, Royal St George's, Chicago, Chambers Bay, Munchen Nord E
Working on: 2 fictional courses + a couple things...