18 tees, 9 greens, Isle of Skye Golf Club

Share your designing tips with other Designer's. Find answers to your problems using the APCD.
brooks2345

18 tees, 9 greens, Isle of Skye Golf Club

Post by brooks2345 »

Has anyone out there got any idea how you can play the game with only one pin appearing on any green at a time, instead of 2 pins? (i.e. the first green also doubles as the 10th, etc).

Cheers

John Brooks
Captain Nemo

Re: 18 tees, 9 greens, Isle of Skye Golf Club

Post by Captain Nemo »

Can't you make it 18 holes, with 2nd nine alternate tees and pins? I realize it's not how it would look in real life, but it is how it would play. Allternately, you could release it as two courses. Skye Front Nine (1st set of Tees and pins) and Skye Back Nine (alternate tees and pins). Just thoughts as I am not a designer.
I always wanted to write something intelligent in my signature. Now that I think about it, I guess I just did! :clapping: :smile:
brooks2345

Re: 18 tees, 9 greens, Isle of Skye Golf Club

Post by brooks2345 »

Quite right Cap'n. I've currently got 18 tees and 9 greens, so I have actually got my 18 holes. I tried splitting the greens in two - so green 1 is half for the first hole, and half for the tenth. But you still get two flags showing.

Now I've had a look at a Links special - St. Andrews Old - and even there, on the double greens (i.e. the 4th doubles up with the 14th) there are still two pins - but the greens are so big, you can't tell. Trouble is, on Isle of Skye, the greens are so small that the pins are sitting right on top of one another.

Never mind, keep pondering.

Cheers and thanks for advice

John Brooks