Planting

Share your designing tips with other Designer's. Find answers to your problems using the APCD.
sagevanni

Planting

Post by sagevanni »

Hi all,

Is there anyone out there that really enjoys planting....???????

Sage......
If there is one thing ................ummmmmmmm.......I can't remember.
sagevanni

Re: Planting

Post by sagevanni »

So no one wants to collaborate with me............

Sage...... :sad:
Danny D

Post by Danny D »

sagevanni wrote: September 30th, 2019, 8:55 am So no one wants to collaborate with me............

Sage...... :sad:
I feel for ya Sage. I'm planting Wakonda now, and I hate it with a passion. Planting is my least favorite task in course design.

Dan
Completed Courses
Real Courses: The National Golf Club of Kansas City - Wakonda Club - Coeur d'Alene Resort Course
Fictitious Courses: Northern Lakes - Golfcom Tees
Southern Oaks - Hometown 9 hole real course with a fictitious back 9 added
Stephen Sullivan

Post by Stephen Sullivan »

Planting, along with seam blending is one of my favourite things to do. Unfortunately, I just haven't got the time these days.

I run and play the European Tour at LSPN, work full time, have an elderly father (80 in November) with numerous health issues, who I'm helping to care for, and trying to do some stuff for myself, as my counsellor says it's important. Maybe once my father moves into the assisted living he has been told he has, things will settle down a little, but I'm not hopeful.
Adelade

Post by Adelade »

I cant say I "really enjoy planting" but it can be fun too in some ways, however I just have way too many own course projects that I really wanna get to beyond my current one, and due to various reasons including some APCD burnout my own projects are just not coming along at a good enough speed that I can offer my assistance just like that. I just wanted to say Sage that the planting in the most recent courses by you that I've tried is something I enjoyed a lot, I think your planting is absolutely beautiful. I dont know your situation but I hope you overcome your hardships, would love to see more courses with planting from you if possible. I hesitated for a while about even making this post because what is the point of saying no to any help... Well, I think Id just like to say that I can foresee a future in some months where its not at all impossible Id be down for helping on planting on some individual course if its a real course that interests me enough for me to feel like its worth delaying my own projects for. Can always message me and ask about individual courses if youre ok with me most likely saying no for most, is what Id like to say I guess. Its not much but the best I can offer :dunno:
Finished Courses - Main: Amedal (fictional), Nine Bridges (real)
Other: Austin, Sheshan, Kauri Cliffs, Le Golf Nat. Updates: Whirlpool, Royal Lytham, Royal St George's, Chicago, Chambers Bay, Munchen Nord E
Working on: 2 fictional courses + a couple things...
sagevanni

Post by sagevanni »

Hi Adelade,

Sent you a PM.........You can email me any time with responses...........I like email better......

sagevanni2010@hotmail.com

Sage...... :smile:
brooks2345

Post by brooks2345 »

Hi Sage

Planting - I don't mind it, but I do my level best to keep it to a minimum for a variety of reasons:-

(1) It massively increases file size for no appreciable gain.
(2) You don't need to plant anything on where you play golf - greens, tees, bunkers and fairways and related seam blends.
(3) It's easy to go for overkill - if I had to model every blade of grass no courses would ever be produced.
(4) The planting sets within Links appears to me to get easily corrupted.

So, if I can avoid it, I will. But then again, my Courses are just meant to give everyone a taste, rather than being works of art!

All the best

John Brooks
Duck Hook

Post by Duck Hook »

I love planting!

I love it so much that after planting around 90% of the Bakers Flat beta a couple of years ago I had the great idea to merge the 2 object libraries rendering everything I had done useless and so had to start the entire plot again from scratch!!!!!

:whistle:

T
sagevanni

Post by sagevanni »

LMAO Todd....!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Such are woes of APCD being a 20 year old program being abandoned..........

Sage..... :smile:
BVDesigner152

Post by BVDesigner152 »

I like planting in a specific way. If you place something like bridges or tribunes it is fun because you can work with their position and height to perfection,
but on the other side I hate planting trees on my course I'm currently working on (Barela GC - Queen Course), because you have to plant SOOOOO many trees and grasses to make it look good and like in a real boreal forest. :sleep:

It just makes me mad having over 50000 2D objects on not finished 6 holes.

Bernie :cheers1:
,,I still don't know everything about the game, but I'm trying."