Older Course Classics- Seminole and National Golf Links in NY?

Share your designing tips with other Designer's. Find answers to your problems using the APCD.
Duglis

Older Course Classics- Seminole and National Golf Links in NY?

Post by Duglis »

Are Seminole and National Golf Links of NY being worked on?

They are the two really old classic courses not done yet for Links!

Be well all!
GoBucks

Re: Older Course Classics- Seminole and National Golf Links in NY?

Post by GoBucks »

No matter where you go, there you are.
vulture_pete

Post by vulture_pete »

I put together an advanced recreation of Seminole about 8 or 9 years ago with pretty accurate elevation data and a high res orthoimage. even had the clubhouse and pool area completed. for whatever reason i never released it, but its on an old hard drive in my storage facility. i need to dig it out and get it out there. eric dorsey and another designer were going to work on it. i may have tried to get the file to them but its been so long now i honestly cant remember

Pete Beckwith
braden1308

Post by braden1308 »

Hi Pete, long time no hear from :cheers1:
Jimbo

Post by Jimbo »

Nit-Picker here...I'm guessing that you've seen the Golf Digest website (the actual course doesn't seem to have one) but it comes in handy for things like the "scenery". :naughty:

https://www.golfdigest.com/story/seminole-golf-club
Adelade

Post by Adelade »

vulture_pete wrote: October 5th, 2021, 9:32 pm[...]
Big fan of Bartlett Springs and Ridgewood - which is saying quite a lot since I rarely like fictional courses and since Ridgewood in real life perhaps isnt the most "exciting" layout out there. I dont suppose you'd want to return to APCD designing "for real"? :whistle: ...would be like early Christmas for a lot of us... Actually better. Just saying... :smile: Great to see the visit and post either way :thumbup:
Finished Courses - Main: Amedal (fictional), Nine Bridges (real)
Other: Austin, Sheshan, Kauri Cliffs, Le Golf Nat. Updates: Whirlpool, Royal Lytham, Royal St George's, Chicago, Chambers Bay, Munchen Nord E
Working on: 2 fictional courses + a couple things...
migolfer

Post by migolfer »

If there is interest in articles about golf course architecture with photos, Seminole in particular, here are a couple from some top-notch golf architecture web sites:
Duglis

Post by Duglis »

vulture_pete wrote: October 5th, 2021, 9:32 pm I put together an advanced recreation of Seminole about 8 or 9 years ago with pretty accurate elevation data and a high res orthoimage. even had the clubhouse and pool area completed. for whatever reason i never released it, but its on an old hard drive in my storage facility. i need to dig it out and get it out there. eric dorsey and another designer were going to work on it. i may have tried to get the file to them but its been so long now i honestly cant remember

Pete Beckwith
Wow! Good luck. Take your time searching. I wish you great luck! Maybe you'll get 2 new volunteers to finish it if you find it! :)
:cheers1:
vulture_pete

Post by vulture_pete »

Adelade wrote: October 6th, 2021, 6:46 am
vulture_pete wrote: October 5th, 2021, 9:32 pm[...]
Big fan of Bartlett Springs and Ridgewood - which is saying quite a lot since I rarely like fictional courses and since Ridgewood in real life perhaps isnt the most "exciting" layout out there. I dont suppose you'd want to return to APCD designing "for real"? :whistle: ...would be like early Christmas for a lot of us... Actually better. Just saying... :smile: Great to see the visit and post either way :thumbup:
thanks for the kind words. I thoroughly enjoyed my time on the APCD and designing both the fictional and real courses. It’s been years now, but coming back to the forum brings back the memories…
vulture_pete

Post by vulture_pete »

braden1308 wrote: October 5th, 2021, 11:09 pm Hi Pete, long time no hear from :cheers1:
Hi Glenn, good to hear from you. Been awhile indeed…

You probably remember that I was working on Whistling Straits for a few years before Rob Miller released his great version of the crz…well, I now work out there as a caddie :rofl: