Object Library Incompatibility

Share your designing tips with other Designer's. Find answers to your problems using the APCD.
Jim53

Object Library Incompatibility

Post by Jim53 »

Forgive me if I am asking something that has already been answered, but I can't find it. I tried to open one of my courses in APCD to tweak a few things, and I got a popup window called Object Library Incompatibility. It said "The installed object library is different than that used to create the course being loaded." It went on to say that all 3D objects will be stripped.

I know I've worked on this course before on this computer. Does anybody know what's going on? And do I really have to replace all 3D objects?
Adelade

Re: Object Library Incompatibility

Post by Adelade »

At least one 3D object on the course was planted in the past which is no longer in your APCD's object library, it does indeed seem a little mysterious if you used that same computer for the course, but perhaps it is because of an APCD reinstall or such. Only the 3D objects which no longer are in your library will be stripped, not necessarily ALL 3D objects.

If the 3D object(s) in question were custom-made and custom-added in the first place, they are going to be lost unless you manage to find the very same instance of APCD that was used for the course originally, only that same object library will be able to recognize the 3D object again. However, custom 3D objects are usually rare, and Im thinking most likely your current APCD is lacking the 2001 stock APCD 3D objects, which can be solved fairly easily. You can either perform the Library merge yourself to get the 2001 objects into your current library, or simply download this already-merged APCD that Dan was kind enough to upload viewtopic.php?f=16&t=348 and use that APCD with the course instead, then you wont get the Object Library Incompatibility error popup (unless custom 3D objects beyond the Xpack ones were used on the course).
Finished Courses - Main: Amedal (fictional), Nine Bridges (real)
Other: Austin, Sheshan, Kauri Cliffs, Le Golf Nat. Updates: Whirlpool, Royal Lytham, Royal St George's, Chicago, Chambers Bay, Munchen Nord E
Working on: 2 fictional courses + a couple things...
Jim53

Post by Jim53 »

Thank you so much. I will give that download a try. After reading the description of the download, I can't imagine it NOT solving my problem. Thanks again....

Yes, just tried it, and the course loads perfectly. Thanks, and a BIG thanks to Dan for being so kind as to offer that version of APCD!
Danny D

Post by Danny D »

Jim53 wrote: August 16th, 2021, 3:12 pm
Yes, just tried it, and the course loads perfectly. Thanks, and a BIG thanks to Dan for being so kind as to offer that version of APCD!
You're most welcome. I'm glad it was helpful. :tiphat:

Dan
Completed Courses
Real Courses: The National Golf Club of Kansas City - Wakonda Club - Coeur d'Alene Resort Course
Fictitious Courses: Northern Lakes - Golfcom Tees
Southern Oaks - Hometown 9 hole real course with a fictitious back 9 added
Ian Wells

Post by Ian Wells »

and a BIG thanks to Dan for being so kind as to offer that version of APCD!
And I will second that. Thank you Dan.

Ian
Danny D

Post by Danny D »

Ian Wells wrote: August 17th, 2021, 6:55 am
and a BIG thanks to Dan for being so kind as to offer that version of APCD!
And I will second that. Thank you Dan.

Ian
Thank you Ian. :thumbup:

Dan
Completed Courses
Real Courses: The National Golf Club of Kansas City - Wakonda Club - Coeur d'Alene Resort Course
Fictitious Courses: Northern Lakes - Golfcom Tees
Southern Oaks - Hometown 9 hole real course with a fictitious back 9 added