HOLE NAMES

Share your designing tips with other Designer's. Find answers to your problems using the APCD.
Jimbo

HOLE NAMES

Post by Jimbo »

I see that there's an option to give holes a unique name (as well as their standard course name). It's the same feature that would enable the designer of a new Augusta National (if anyone's working on one) to use the actual hole names. Has anyone tried it? The course that I'm working has names for the holes.

I'm taking my nit picking to a new level! :clapping:
Adelade

Re: HOLE NAMES

Post by Adelade »

You can name holes in APCD yeah but there is no point to it really since no one except yourself is going to notice it (unless they both bother opening up the course in APCD and then also going into the course properties to look at the hole name settings), that setting doesnt show up anywhere in Links. Aside from that, you can always put hole names on hole previews instead, then players have a chance to see them. Hole signs (planted as 2D or made custom in 3D and textures) by the tee is an option too, if you make them legible enough for players.
Finished Courses - Main: Amedal (fictional), Nine Bridges (real)
Other: Austin, Sheshan, Kauri Cliffs, Le Golf Nat. Updates: Whirlpool, Royal Lytham, Royal St George's, Chicago, Chambers Bay, Munchen Nord E
Working on: 2 fictional courses + a couple things...
braden1308

Post by braden1308 »

You can put them on the hole previews if you want
Jimbo

Post by Jimbo »

:sad: