ARNOLD PALMER PICTURE BACKGROUND

Share your designing tips with other Designer's. Find answers to your problems using the APCD.
Jimbo

ARNOLD PALMER PICTURE BACKGROUND

Post by Jimbo »

As you may know I'm getting my feet wet with this APCD contraption :fear: and Lez's tutorials have been a godsend. Before I get too far into my first course I notice that there are thousands of actual pictures on the Arnold Palmer Alamay design website. Are these ones that are compatible with APCD? Right now I'm looking at hundreds of pictures of the Vancouver skyline and I'm 99% sure that at least one of them has my name on it. They're royalty free.
Has this been mentioned elsewhere?

https://www.alamy.com/stock-photo/arnol ... ourse.html
Danny D

Re: ARNOLD PALMER PICTURE BACKGROUND

Post by Danny D »

Jimbo wrote: August 11th, 2021, 9:39 am As you may know I'm getting my feet wet with this APCD contraption :fear: and Lez's tutorials have been a godsend. Before I get too far into my first course I notice that there are thousands of actual pictures on the Arnold Palmer Alamay design website. Are these ones that are compatible with APCD? Right now I'm looking at hundreds of pictures of the Vancouver skyline and I'm 99% sure that at least one of them has my name on it. They're royalty free.
Has this been mentioned elsewhere?

https://www.alamy.com/stock-photo/arnol ... ourse.html
Hi Jimbo...

I'm not sure what you mean by "compatible" for the APCD. :dunno: It depends on what you want to use a picture for. The APCD only accepts it's various picture files in specific pixel sizes, so it would be up to you to see to it that they are sized properly before you use them. What did you want to use the pictures for? Can you give me an example? :unsure:

Dan
Completed Courses
Real Courses: The National Golf Club of Kansas City - Wakonda Club - Coeur d'Alene Resort Course
Fictitious Courses: Northern Lakes - Golfcom Tees
Southern Oaks - Hometown 9 hole real course with a fictitious back 9 added
Jimbo

Post by Jimbo »

Hi Dan:

I was just looking at that website and it shows backgrounds for courses all around the world (I was just looking at Vancouver and the variety was amazing.
I'm pretty sure (but not 100%) that these pictures could represent the APCD equivalent of a "Cash Cow" for designers-I'm pretty sure that they could be resized.
Danny D

Post by Danny D »

Jimbo wrote: August 12th, 2021, 9:05 pm Hi Dan:

I was just looking at that website and it shows backgrounds for courses all around the world (I was just looking at Vancouver and the variety was amazing.
I'm pretty sure (but not 100%) that these pictures could represent the APCD equivalent of a "Cash Cow" for designers-I'm pretty sure that they could be resized.
Aha! Gotcha... Yes, they could be manipulated to be used for splash screens.

Dan
Completed Courses
Real Courses: The National Golf Club of Kansas City - Wakonda Club - Coeur d'Alene Resort Course
Fictitious Courses: Northern Lakes - Golfcom Tees
Southern Oaks - Hometown 9 hole real course with a fictitious back 9 added
Jimbo

Post by Jimbo »

You've made me a very happy camper! I was just looking at Vancouver-there are 2 beautiful views...but other places around the world are there too and they're free downloads.