Monument Golf Club

Share your designing tips with other Designer's. Find answers to your problems using the APCD.
GoesForIt

Re: Monument Golf Club

Post by GoesForIt »

Since it's been left open to other APCD developers, I think I'll run through it and see if I can find any other anomalies... then submit it was Monument Golf Club V2 (Beta to get it re-tested)... even though I'm reluctant to do so. It's a real nice course except for those seam blend problems. I hope the three I found are the end of it.

It would be nice if the author jumped into the conversation.
Adelade

Post by Adelade »

I think I saw in Links Extender that all seamblends on the whole course had Earth, so most likely all seamblends on the whole course cause the extreme bounces. It may be worth changing every blend where both textures are any kind of grass or bunker textures, if you're doing an update anyway, but of course that is up to you.
Finished Courses - Main: Amedal (fictional), Nine Bridges (real)
Other: Austin, Sheshan, Kauri Cliffs, Le Golf Nat. Updates: Whirlpool, Royal Lytham, Royal St George's, Chicago, Chambers Bay, Munchen Nord E
Working on: 2 fictional courses + a couple things...
GoesForIt

Post by GoesForIt »

Adelade wrote: February 20th, 2021, 4:19 pm I think I saw in Links Extender that all seamblends on the whole course had Earth, so most likely all seamblends on the whole course cause the extreme bounces. It may be worth changing every blend where both textures are any kind of grass or bunker textures, if you're doing an update anyway, but of course that is up to you.
I changed Fairway, Rough, Approach, Fringe and Green seam blends and submitted a Monument Golf Club V2 Beta to Links Corner. I made it a beta so it could be thoroughly tested before being finalized again.

Links Corner may have rules that prohibit it from being put out... so, I'm waiting to hear back.

I played two rounds on V2 without any boingy incidents.
GoesForIt

Post by GoesForIt »

What I expect happened is that he made one seam blend that was Category: "Earth". After that first one, I suspect he cloned all the rest and simply changed the seam blend textures.

When you clone a "Terrain Type" and click Done, then open that Terrain Type for edit, it will contain the Category of the Terrain Type you cloned and it is not alterable.

Ergo, all the seam blends after the first, mimic the first in terms of Category.
GoesForIt

Post by GoesForIt »

Just FYI, The Monument Golf Club V2 that I modified and set up to linkscorner is available. I urge all to download and play it to make sure you don't see anything funny.

https://www.linkscorner.org/courses/course.php?crz=2638

GoesForIt (Doug)
Stuart Hatch

Post by Stuart Hatch »

I've played a couple of rounds so far - all looks good :thumbup:

Another couple of rounds planned for the next week so.

Well done :clapping:
john_iv

Post by john_iv »

Was it intentional to change the water from reflective to the flat blue in v.2?