Adding a Panorama into APCD

Share your designing tips with other Designer's. Find answers to your problems using the APCD.
Stuart Hatch

Adding a Panorama into APCD

Post by Stuart Hatch »

Hi guys

Just wondering what the procedure is for adding a pano into APCD from another course. I can't seem to see a Lez Marwick video on the subject. Is there one? :helpsmilie:

Any help gratefully received.
pmgolf

Re: Adding a Panorama into APCD

Post by pmgolf »

This is all I have:

Episode 40. Creating a panorama (Part 1) http://youtu.be/twkifQ5i030

Episode 41. Creating a panorama (Part 2) http://youtu.be/KZLAMvJe6OE

But I do know that Daniel is pretty much the master at panoramas. Do a search for posts by him in the designer forum and maybe leave him a PM. Good luck!

Pete
Stuart Hatch

Post by Stuart Hatch »

Thanks Pete, I had a quick look at those videos before which seem to deal with creating a pano from scratch rather than importing one from another course. There's obviously a way, I just can't seem to find it :dunno:
Adelade

Post by Adelade »

Links Extender can do it, assuming you're getting one from an unlocked course. You get it as a .TGA file, and then you add it as the Custom one into any given course, they'll never be part of APCD's own library of panos so to speak, in case thats what you were thinking of, but there is no need for that - simply use the "Custom" setting.
Finished Courses - Main: Amedal (fictional), Nine Bridges (real)
Other: Austin, Sheshan, Kauri Cliffs, Le Golf Nat. Updates: Whirlpool, Royal Lytham, Royal St George's, Chicago, Chambers Bay, Munchen Nord E
Working on: 2 fictional courses + a couple things...
Stuart Hatch

Post by Stuart Hatch »

Thanks Adelaide for the reply. I don't normally have a problem in figuring things out but this is getting me confused :wallbash:

So I have a panorama in TGA format (one of Daniel's that he made available some while ago) which I'm wanting to try out in APCD. I open up APCD and then click on Edit > Course Properties > Panorama. I would then have expected the button to the right of the Panorama box with the three dots (...) to be active to enable me to navigate to the folder with the TGA file in to then load it into APCD - it's not. Nothing happens when I click on it. Should it be or am I doing something wrong?

Help gratefully received :helpsmilie:
Adelade

Post by Adelade »

It should be active and possible to click on yea, except it only becomes so after you select "Custom" as the panorama at the bottom of the drop-down list, so you're probably just missing that step.
Finished Courses - Main: Amedal (fictional), Nine Bridges (real)
Other: Austin, Sheshan, Kauri Cliffs, Le Golf Nat. Updates: Whirlpool, Royal Lytham, Royal St George's, Chicago, Chambers Bay, Munchen Nord E
Working on: 2 fictional courses + a couple things...
Stuart Hatch

Post by Stuart Hatch »

Hi Adelade

Got it sussed just now, that's exactly what I wasn't doing, didn't see 'Custom' at the bottom of the list. :thumbup: