19th hole

Share your designing tips with other Designer's. Find answers to your problems using the APCD.
Jimbo

19th hole

Post by Jimbo »

Does APCD provide for a 19th hole?
Some courses have Par 3's for tie breakers?
AJ Allen

Re: 19th hole

Post by AJ Allen »

No it doesn't. Also Links doesn't either so wouldn't matter if there was 19 holes anyway. I know some courses do have extra holes. Like one I've been thinking about doing... it has a couple of extra holes that act as replacements when they have a top level tournament. But no way to include those in an APCD design.
Cheers,AJ
Stephen Sullivan

Post by Stephen Sullivan »

AJ Allen wrote: November 21st, 2020, 4:28 pm No it doesn't. Also Links doesn't either so wouldn't matter if there was 19 holes anyway. I know some courses do have extra holes. Like one I've been thinking about doing... it has a couple of extra holes that act as replacements when they have a top level tournament. But no way to include those in an APCD design.
Cheers,AJ
You could lay the course out with all the holes done then do a tournament version with the replacement holes in.
Adelade

Post by Adelade »

Another "obscure" option could be to design an extra hole that could unofficially be played in practice mode by dragging the ball around to its tee and having a physical hole cup made from terrain (you wouldnt be able to have several pin options). Actually, now that I think about it, I feel like I read in some readme for some course that someone did that, think it was a MJ or maybe W.Hewitt course?
Finished Courses - Main: Amedal (fictional), Nine Bridges (real)
Other: Austin, Sheshan, Kauri Cliffs, Le Golf Nat. Updates: Whirlpool, Royal Lytham, Royal St George's, Chicago, Chambers Bay, Munchen Nord E
Working on: 2 fictional courses + a couple things...