Attempting First Green

Share your designing tips with other Designer's. Find answers to your problems using the APCD.
wojo

Attempting First Green

Post by wojo »

I've attached a PDF with a couple of questions. I have an extra node point inside the perimeter of the green I just laid out. Is there a way to select and delete that node? If I wanted instead to just move it further away from the green perimeter, how would I do that?

Wojo
Attachments
Delete or Move Node.pdf
(294.61 KiB) Downloaded 145 times
Adelade

Re: Attempting First Green

Post by Adelade »

Click the "Terrain" menu in the topleft, then "Vertex" below it, then box select or click the node as you call it (APCD calls them Vertex/Verts), then the white X icon (NOT THE RED ONE) in the top bar (Non-destructive delete).

After deleting verts you sometimes end up with some weirdly turned Edges (the lines that connect Verts with eachother), and may want to turn them with the Edge > Turn tool.
Finished Courses - Main: Amedal (fictional), Nine Bridges (real)
Other: Austin, Sheshan, Kauri Cliffs, Le Golf Nat. Updates: Whirlpool, Royal Lytham, Royal St George's, Chicago, Chambers Bay, Munchen Nord E
Working on: 2 fictional courses + a couple things...
Danny D

Post by Danny D »

wojo wrote: August 11th, 2020, 6:41 pm I've attached a PDF with a couple of questions. I have an extra node point inside the perimeter of the green I just laid out. Is there a way to select and delete that node? If I wanted instead to just move it further away from the green perimeter, how would I do that?

Wojo
Yes, you can move it. Select the "TERRAIN" tab, and then the MOVE icon. (hot key M)
Select it with your mouse, and make sure the "XY" axis is selected on your view screen.
Hot key F6 = The X axis... Hot key F7 = The Y axis... Hot key F8 = The Z axis... Hot key F9 = The XY axis...

Press F9 to move it sideways in all directions. To delete it while it is highlighted, press the non-destruct icon.

Good luck,

Dan

Don't forget to consult the Lez Marwick series of tutorials to learn anything you need with the APCD. It can be quite complex. :smile:
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=49

:tiphat:
Completed Courses
Real Courses: The National Golf Club of Kansas City - Wakonda Club - Coeur d'Alene Resort Course
Fictitious Courses: Northern Lakes - Golfcom Tees
Southern Oaks - Hometown 9 hole real course with a fictitious back 9 added
pmgolf

Post by pmgolf »

Danny D wrote: August 12th, 2020, 3:02 amDon't forget to consult the Lez Marwick series of tutorials to learn anything you need with the APCD. It can be quite complex. :smile:
Wojo, I'm deep into trying to learn the APCD right how, even after having released the first course I worked on. I can't emphasize enough how important watching Lez Marwick's videos have been! Watching and watching again. Episodes 1 thru 6, 9 thru 14, 22-23 plus 27 thru 33. There are really complex things that can be accomplished if you do every single step in sequence. Take notes until you memorize the steps. It's not easy, but it's really cool to create a playable course!

Some tips I have picked up:
1. If you're getting ready to do something new or you're not sure about how to do it, do a "Save as" to an altered file name and then do what you're planning to do. If you screw up bad you can revert to the previous file name and you haven't lost a thing - but if it worked, you've got that, too! Win - win.
2. Undo - undo - undo. You can keep on undoing to get rid of a series of mistakes.
3. If you think you've done a major screw-up, don't panic. It's probably something that can be easily fixed. Post your problem to the forum.
4. Don't work more than 30 minutes without saving! And avoid a crash-disaster: save to a new version name every couple of hours - it only takes a few seconds.
Good luck!

Pete