72 Animal

Share your designing tips with other Designer's. Find answers to your problems using the APCD.
Jimbo

72 Animal

Post by Jimbo »

Hi folks-it's been a couple of years since I've seen a post from 72Animal. Just wondering if he's still in our group. :dunno:
72Animal

Re: 72 Animal

Post by 72Animal »

Hi Jimbo, thank you for the shout out! I have been creeping around the boards on and off. Seeing the LIDAR stuff that Linkster has introduced has been unbelievable (just downloaded his Augusta a second ago and I've played around with the Country Club and Tobacco Road files he uploaded). Saw that Sage announced his retirement (a huge thank you to him for all he's brought to our community). 2022 was a year to forget in my family so I did not devote much time to Links and did not visit the boards very actively. That being said, I have spent time here and there in the APCD as it still has that creative pull for me to just get sucked in for a few hours. I have a clubhouse made for Steve Chahla's HCEG (I'll try to attach a photo). I have worked on a clubhouse for Eric Dorsey's Seminole. I apologize to both those fellas for my overlong delay with those files! For my own creations, I've opened up my Royal Liverpool file and stripped out all the planting (corrupt 2D issue), made a copy and started putting in the new 15th hole, Little Eye. I have a version of the new Marco Simone course fully elevated and textured (no planting of 2d, pins or tees yet, basic 3d cluhouse). I have also tinkered with my Oak Hill file with a view to the changes they have made there.
Attachments
MuirfieldClubhouse.jpg
MuirfieldClubhouse.jpg (155.23 KiB) Viewed 1576 times
72Animal

Post by 72Animal »

All that to say that I'm back around, creating things and willing to collaborate to create things too!
Jimbo

Post by Jimbo »

Hi Animal-I think that I speak for all of us when I say that's it's great to hear from you and hope that things are better for you!
Danny D

Post by Danny D »

Good to see you back around. :cheers1:

Dan
Completed Courses
Real Courses: The National Golf Club of Kansas City - Wakonda Club - Coeur d'Alene Resort Course
Fictitious Courses: Northern Lakes - Golfcom Tees
Southern Oaks - Hometown 9 hole real course with a fictitious back 9 added
Adelade

Post by Adelade »

Sorry to hear about the troubles, but Im happy and excited to see you back. That Muirfield course has had me downright heartbroken for so long, Steve Chahla made such a wonderful creation with the beta, which was basically finished and only needed a few relatively simple technical tweaks to be playable, and then it has laid around for 2.5 years! Such a shame for such an excellent debut design. It really, really deserves getting its proper release!

There are a few other courses of yours that I would love to hear if you have plans for, or otherwise might accept help with completing them, I will send a private message.

New layout of Marco Simone sounds very exciting as well, I figure the elevations must have been tricky.
Finished Courses - Main: Amedal (fictional), Nine Bridges (real)
Other: Austin, Sheshan, Kauri Cliffs, Le Golf Nat. Updates: Whirlpool, Royal Lytham, Royal St George's, Chicago, Chambers Bay, Munchen Nord E
Working on: 2 fictional courses + a couple things...
MrMoggie

Post by MrMoggie »

Wow Animal, that clubhouse looks fantastic!

Thank you so much for taking the time and trouble to do that.

I spent literally years creating Muirfield as a first attempt at designing and then got stuck with the finishing touches.

Steve
72Animal

Post by 72Animal »

Thanks Steve for creating the course! And as I said I apologize for the length of time. It's not perfect, but I'm glad you like the look of it. How can I send the file back to you? Dropbox maybe?
MrMoggie

Post by MrMoggie »

Cheers Sean

Email is best please, I think that's how I sent to you you

I'll PM you with my address

Steve
Adelade

Post by Adelade »

Any news on the Muirfield project?
Finished Courses - Main: Amedal (fictional), Nine Bridges (real)
Other: Austin, Sheshan, Kauri Cliffs, Le Golf Nat. Updates: Whirlpool, Royal Lytham, Royal St George's, Chicago, Chambers Bay, Munchen Nord E
Working on: 2 fictional courses + a couple things...