Cambrian Ridge HD

Announce and discuss forthcoming and recent course releases or request beta help from members.
Duck Hook

Re: Cambrian Ridge HD

Post by Duck Hook »

Last pics for a while until I can show some progression with planting , building etc, etc
crh7.jpg
crh7.jpg (433.96 KiB) Viewed 4093 times
crh13.jpg
crh13.jpg (397.17 KiB) Viewed 4093 times
crh13f.jpg
crh13f.jpg (439.79 KiB) Viewed 4093 times
Duck Hook

Post by Duck Hook »

Hi all, just wondering if a dirt lip surrounding the lakes at Cambrian Ridge looks out of place. Maybe a bit darker, or no dirt at all. Just interested what anyone else thinks ???
Cheers
T
crh4.jpg
crh4.jpg (381.73 KiB) Viewed 4020 times
Ian Wells

Post by Ian Wells »

It looks very good. :thumbup:
Ian
Duck Hook

Post by Duck Hook »

Hey Ian, so that is a yes for the dirt lip. cool.

One of my favorite Tee shots in Links....nearly ready to start planting. yay :whistle:
crh5.jpg
crh5.jpg (686.51 KiB) Viewed 4006 times
Adelade

Post by Adelade »

I remember hating that teeshot in the Microsoft version of the course :laugh: But that was back when I was too focused on my scores to notice or pay attention to the beauty of hole designs, and I sure do remember hitting it into the water at least once hah. I bet Im going to appreciate it a whole lot more now :smile: (plus, I know your version is going to bring out the beauty of the course much better than the - IMO kind of ugly - Microsoft design :thumbup: )
Finished Courses - Main: Amedal (fictional), Nine Bridges (real)
Other: Austin, Sheshan, Kauri Cliffs, Le Golf Nat. Updates: Whirlpool, Royal Lytham, Royal St George's, Chicago, Chambers Bay, Munchen Nord E
Working on: 2 fictional courses + a couple things...
pmgolf

Post by pmgolf »

Nice looking course! The bunkers look good to me. I'm looking forward to playing it!

Pete
Duck Hook

Post by Duck Hook »

So I am about to start planting. It's been awhile so are there any new tips on minimizing crashes????? or old tips for that matter....
:cheers1:
Adelade

Post by Adelade »

I tend to plant grasses as almost the last thing I do on my courses, because - at least if you have them in areas on nearly all holes and such - those feel like the main villains in causing APCD slowdown/crashes. Trees alone tend to be sparse enough that they dont cause significant issues for me (but I still avoid having 2D objects shown in the perspective view (or game cam) whenever I dont need to have them showing - learning the hotkey or setting a custom one to toggle them is nice). Not saying that order of doing things is the best way, just what I like doing.

Also, after planting extensively, whenever needing to view things about the planting in perspective view, a trick to minimize risk of crashes is to
pan wherever you want to while 2D is toggled off, and then only turn 2D on while the perspective view is still and not being panned around. If still wanting to pan around with plantings showing, a good trick is to only render the specific area you need to see - for example Render > Hole or with the "Box Zoom All" select an even smaller area and doing Render > Selection.

Still best to save before viewing extensive plantings in perspective view of course. And often during it, if making several edits.

Crowd planting often causes crashes for me, I save very often during that, at least if planting them individually.

Oh and while forest planting a lot of objects at the same time, I tend to either turn my perspective view off or angle it so that most of the plot is not within view. Not sure if it helps but I think it does.

Finally - dont forget to set object properties correctly beforehand :thumbup: (and restart APCD after changing any object properties, to make sure they permanently save)
Other: Austin, Sheshan, Kauri Cliffs, Le Golf Nat. Updates: Whirlpool, Royal Lytham, Royal St George's, Chicago, Chambers Bay, Munchen Nord E
Duck Hook

Post by Duck Hook »

Thanks mate
T
:cheers1:
Adelade

Post by Adelade »

Oh and if needing to view objects in perspective view, without needing to see them in high detail, putting "Object resolution" in the 2D menu at Low will decrease risk of crashing too (that setting is only for how they display in APCD itself). I have found there being quite a big difference between Low Medium and High, but crashes can still happen at Low if there are a lot of objects within view, so dont trust it too much. It tends to revert to Medium every new APCD restart.