Cambrian Ridge HD

Announce and discuss forthcoming and recent course releases or request beta help from members.
pmgolf

Re: Cambrian Ridge HD

Post by pmgolf »

The planting looks very realistic to me. It looks like any number of courses that I've played in the Virginia area. Heavy green growth. If you were going to do any experimenting, I would suggest trying a little less growth. I've noticed that with the APCD, sometimes less growth looks better. :smile:

Pete
Duck Hook

Post by Duck Hook »

Hey Pete.
Yes I agree, it is a fine line between just right and over doing it. The trouble is it is such a heavily forested course in places and it also has a number of large areas on the plot in between holes that look stupid if not filled in. I am trying to keep it open as possible, for instance on the 6th hole the trees on the left of the fairway on the approach in reality are quite close to the fairway, instead I have planted further up the hill. I like the open look even though the trees will most likely never impact play. It takes away some of the realism but the version of the course I am doing no longer exists so I figure a few little deviations away from reality won't matter that much.

:cheers1:
T
crh6bba.jpg
crh6bba.jpg (852.07 KiB) Viewed 3218 times
crh6bba1.jpg
crh6bba1.jpg (833.22 KiB) Viewed 3218 times
Duck Hook

Post by Duck Hook »

Perfect hole for Bubba....a nice big, high fade around the corner.....
crh7a.jpg
crh7a.jpg (1.06 MiB) Viewed 3158 times

Duck Hook

Post by Duck Hook »

Jesus Christ. I was always bemoaning the lack of decent pine trees in the apcd library that I wanted for this course. I was browsing through some old folders containing various links stuff and just so happened to come across the complete set of objects from apcd 1 and 1.5.
Low and behold I see one folder labeled ' Pine ' and one labeled ' Pine trees " in which I find exactly some of the trees I want. I so want to swear, there is so much done but I see I am going to be re-doing most of it..... :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash:
Duck Hook

Post by Duck Hook »

Scratch that, I am in too deep now.... :whistle:
Duck Hook

Post by Duck Hook »

Love the way Links generates the reflections, enables some great screenies.....7 Holes more or less planted, with a few areas around the tees and water to pretty up. And no doubt some re-planting here and there.
crh3pano.jpg
crh3pano.jpg (1.11 MiB) Viewed 3067 times
crh4m.jpg
crh4m.jpg (1010.55 KiB) Viewed 3067 times
crh5pano1.jpg
crh5pano1.jpg (940.54 KiB) Viewed 3067 times
crh5pano.jpg
crh5pano.jpg (940.21 KiB) Viewed 3067 times
crh7.jpg
crh7.jpg (1.08 MiB) Viewed 3067 times

T
Duck Hook

Post by Duck Hook »

First look at 8. Depressing really. Reminds me just how much there is to go.....
crh8.jpg
crh8.jpg (811.22 KiB) Viewed 3062 times
crh8a.jpg
crh8a.jpg (774.79 KiB) Viewed 3063 times
Guitarzan

Post by Guitarzan »

Looks great. What an upgrade! :thumbup:
Duck Hook

Post by Duck Hook »

Just wondering what the general consensus on rocks are. I am thinking about planting some in the ditch thingy that sits between the 9th and 18th up near the green. I know they can be a pain in the ass if your ball gets amongst them. There are rocks in the real thing, but I can live without them. Just wondering if anyone has any thoughts on this as far as playability goes.
rockss.JPG
rockss.JPG (227.35 KiB) Viewed 2942 times

Obviously I was thinking about planting more than what is in the pic... :smile:
T
Danny D

Post by Danny D »

Duck Hook wrote: October 1st, 2021, 1:38 pm Just wondering what the general consensus on rocks are. I am thinking about planting some in the ditch thingy that sits between the 9th and 18th up near the green. I know they can be a pain in the ass if your ball gets amongst them. There are rocks in the real thing, but I can live without them. Just wondering if anyone has any thoughts on this as far as playability goes.

rockss.JPG

Obviously I was thinking about planting more than what is in the pic... :smile:
T
My feeling would be that if they are there on the real course, put them there on your course also. If you hit into them at either place, you pay the possible penalty. That's golf. :whistle:

Course is lookin' real good. :thumbup:

Dan
Completed Courses
Real Courses: The National Golf Club of Kansas City - Wakonda Club - Coeur d'Alene Resort Course
Fictitious Courses: Northern Lakes - Golfcom Tees
Southern Oaks - Hometown 9 hole real course with a fictitious back 9 added