Cambrian Ridge HD

Announce and discuss forthcoming and recent course releases or request beta help from members.
Duck Hook

Cambrian Ridge HD

Post by Duck Hook »

Well, finally completed all 36 holes ( 3 full length 9's and a par 3 short course ).
Be interesting to see how well the APCD performs when seam-blending and planting commences or whether I'll have to chop parts of the plot depending on which 18 hole combination is being worked on. Ideally I would like to keep the plot complete for the 'immersive' factor and leave it unlocked so if any one desires they can open the course in the APCD and create whatever 18 hole custom layout they wish for....
Attachments
crcomplete36htv.JPG
crcomplete36htv.JPG (88.23 KiB) Viewed 33314 times
gator

Re: Cambrian Ridge HD

Post by gator »

That’s a great looking layout, Todd. I hope the APCD and Links cooperates with you. Can’t wait to see how it works out.
Duck Hook

Post by Duck Hook »

Hey mate, yeah I hope so too.
I'm just a bit frustrated at the moment from the lack of pictures of a good number of holes on the loblolly and par 3 9's looking from the teeing area.
They are quite bumpy and undulating holes so it looks like I will be using a bit of "artistic licence" on some holes as far as all the fairway humps, bumps go. Plenty of shots of the green areas.

T
Danny D

Post by Danny D »

Duck Hook wrote: September 2nd, 2019, 1:38 pm Well, finally completed all 36 holes ( 3 full length 9's and a par 3 short course ).
Be interesting to see how well the APCD performs when seam-blending and planting commences or whether I'll have to chop parts of the plot depending on which 18 hole combination is being worked on. Ideally I would like to keep the plot complete for the 'immersive' factor and leave it unlocked so if any one desires they can open the course in the APCD and create whatever 18 hole custom layout they wish for....
Looks great. :thumbup: Looks like it would be a fun place to play a full day of golf. I'll give it a go when you release it... :cheers1:

Dan
Completed Courses
Real Courses: The National Golf Club of Kansas City - Wakonda Club - Coeur d'Alene Resort Course
Fictitious Courses: Northern Lakes - Golfcom Tees
Southern Oaks - Hometown 9 hole real course with a fictitious back 9 added
pmgolf

Post by pmgolf »

Are you going to release versions so we can play Nine A with Nine B, Nine A with Nine C, and Nine B with Nine C? :dunno: I don't think nine a, b, or c will need to be combined with nine par 3. Thanks!

Pete
Duck Hook

Post by Duck Hook »

pmgolf wrote: September 3rd, 2019, 1:13 pm Are you going to release versions so we can play Nine A with Nine B, Nine A with Nine C, and Nine B with Nine C? :dunno: I don't think nine a, b, or c will need to be combined with nine par 3. Thanks!

Pete
That's the plan Pete. 4 courses in all - a/b, b/c, c/a plus the par 3 course own it's own.
Although I may combine the par 3 course with the loblolly 9 so people would only have to download 2 courses instead of 3 to get all 36 holes.

T
:cheers1:
Duck Hook

Post by Duck Hook »

Loblolly 9 starting to take shape. Again, very early stages.....
Attachments
loblyh9app.jpg
loblyh9app.jpg (422.39 KiB) Viewed 33160 times
loblyh7green.jpg
loblyh7green.jpg (419.35 KiB) Viewed 33160 times
loblyh7.jpg
loblyh7.jpg (355.52 KiB) Viewed 33160 times
loblyh2rev.jpg
loblyh2rev.jpg (405.71 KiB) Viewed 33160 times
loblyh2gr.jpg
loblyh2gr.jpg (361.99 KiB) Viewed 33160 times
loblyh2.jpg
loblyh2.jpg (350.45 KiB) Viewed 33160 times
Duck Hook

Post by Duck Hook »

One of my favorite holes at CR, the 4th on the Loblolly 9. Sadly, it is also another hole that no longer exists in this form.
I don't know whether Links will allow me to get away with such severe slopes, so hang onto your hats boys!

T
Attachments
loblyh4.jpg
loblyh4.jpg (454.71 KiB) Viewed 33067 times
loblyh4rev.jpg
loblyh4rev.jpg (457.01 KiB) Viewed 33067 times
loblyh4putt.jpg
loblyh4putt.jpg (437.7 KiB) Viewed 33067 times
loblyh4puttb.jpg
loblyh4puttb.jpg (469.95 KiB) Viewed 33067 times
loblyh4putta.jpg
loblyh4putta.jpg (477.94 KiB) Viewed 33067 times
loblyh4puttc.jpg
loblyh4puttc.jpg (491.95 KiB) Viewed 33067 times
Duck Hook

Post by Duck Hook »

Hey Guys

I have a seam blending issue I would like some opinions on. All the greens I have done in the APCD have always been surrounded by only one texture, ie fairway or rough, making seam blending hassle free. However, at Cambrian Ridge several greens are met by sliver of fairway with the rest surrounded by rough. The picture will illustrate my dilemma. I would like to keep this look if i can and would like to know what methods other designers have used when confronted with this issue. Obviously the easiest solution would be to end the fairway short of the green and have a green entirely surrounded by rough or continue the fairway so it completely surrounds green but I really would not like to have to do it that way if possible. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Cheers
T
crsd.JPG
crsd.JPG (456.99 KiB) Viewed 30544 times
Ian Wells

Post by Ian Wells »

This is the way I do this - which I think came from Danny or Sage?
seamblend1.jpg
seamblend1.jpg (218.1 KiB) Viewed 30535 times
seamblend2.jpg
seamblend2.jpg (211.88 KiB) Viewed 30535 times
I hope it is what you were asking.

Ian