4 discontinued Microsoft courses

Announce and discuss forthcoming and recent course releases or request beta help from members.
Paul44

4 discontinued Microsoft courses

Post by Paul44 »

I have a question.

How come there 4 discontinued Microsoft courses on the Links Corner course database, does this mean that Microsoft withdrew them or did something else happen?

Dose anyone know what version Links or disc these courses came from?
The toughest shot in golf is your next one.
bear2016

Re: 4 discontinued Microsoft courses

Post by bear2016 »

which courses are you talking about paul?
Paul44

Post by Paul44 »

Links Corner number – Course name.

848 – Three Canyons

313 - Westfield

7 – Pinehurst No 2 (2000)

6 – Pinehurst No 2

All above Microsoft discontinued courses!
bear2016

Post by bear2016 »

westfield was in a championship courses cd of 20 courses. And Pinehurst was in a cd to i believe and the other 2 courses i dont know about.
woody4077

Post by woody4077 »

pinehurst n0.2 (2000) was from the pinehurst us open cd that introduced pinehurst no 8 as for three canyons :dunno: :dunno: :dunno: :dunno:
Paul44

Post by Paul44 »

How come there 4 discontinued Microsoft courses on the Links Corner course database?

Were they held back or smthing?
Guitarzan

Post by Guitarzan »

Three Canyons you can D/L for free at Links Country Club. It goes back to LS days and was included in the Links LS Classic package. It's a par three desert course.
FOOOOORE!

Post by FOOOOORE! »

I'm surprised Barton Creek is no longer available. I used to have it, went to DL after it was discussed here a few days ago, but can't get it now. The review wasn't very positive, but I did like the course layout. Probably I would agree with the reviewer now, we've come to expect far more quality over the years.

(I had a good laugh when I searched online for the course, and saw "Links: Master List of Available Courses" posted by Microsoft. Sure enough, MS was its usual helpful self and gives you just a LIST of the courses. About what you'd expect.)
Paul44

Post by Paul44 »

Still odd that there 4 courses are discontinued Microsoft courses on the Links Corner course database?
pmgolf

Post by pmgolf »

FOOOOORE! wrote: January 22nd, 2021, 4:43 am I'm surprised Barton Creek is no longer available. I used to have it, went to DL after it was discussed here a few days ago, but can't get it now. The review wasn't very positive, but I did like the course layout. Probably I would agree with the reviewer now, we've come to expect far more quality over the years.

(I had a good laugh when I searched online for the course, and saw "Links: Master List of Available Courses" posted by Microsoft. Sure enough, MS was its usual helpful self and gives you just a LIST of the courses. About what you'd expect.)
FYI - Barton Creek is on my list of courses I'm going to work on recreating. Still months away from getting started on it though. It's one of my favorites, too. :smile:

Pete