Blackwolf Run - The River Course

Announce and discuss forthcoming and recent course releases or request beta help from members.
dgrobo2000

Blackwolf Run - The River Course

Post by dgrobo2000 »

I have recently completed a 4 round tournament at Blackwolf Run - The River Course. Although I consider it to be one of the best links course designs, it could be enhanced with the addition of a crowd and tournament objects. Great course design anyway. Thanks.
Last edited by dgrobo2000 on July 26th, 2021, 5:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Mr Mulligan

Re: Blackwolf Run - The River Course

Post by Mr Mulligan »

:whistle:
Matthew Rose designed this course, so I decided to check out
another of his creations (Sapphire Lake). Hidden Gem for sure!
I suggest checking it out to anybody who hasn't played it yet!
1PuttJeff

Post by 1PuttJeff »

Mr. Mulligan,

I took your advice about downloading and playing Matthew Roses' course "Sapphire Lake" and was pleasantly surprised by the course as it seems very real and it is a "hidden gem" for sure! I have only played a few practice holes so far and will be anxious to play a full-round soon! :thumbup:
Mr Mulligan

Post by Mr Mulligan »

1PuttJeff wrote: January 17th, 2021, 12:27 am Mr. Mulligan,

I took your advice about downloading and playing Matthew Roses' course "Sapphire Lake" and was pleasantly surprised by the course as it seems very real and it is a "hidden gem" for sure! I have only played a few practice holes so far and will be anxious to play a full-round soon! :thumbup:
:thumbup:
I think you will enjoy the rest of the course!
mickydavies

Post by mickydavies »

Wow. What a wonderful course. The problem was that back in the day there were so many courses being uploaded that there were too many to play, so sometimes you missed courses like this! This really is good. Thank you very much!
mickydavies

Post by mickydavies »

And I haven't played Sapphire Lake yet either!
Fatmouth Jones

Post by Fatmouth Jones »

Matthew Rose was my favorite designer back in the day. I would recommend giving all of his courses a try, they are all on par with Sapphire Lake
RobV

Post by RobV »

Just make it easy on yourself and download ALL of Matthew Rose's courses... can't go wrong with any of them! Brilliant course designer!
gene_golf

Post by gene_golf »

Blackwolf Run in 2014 was only real course Mathew Rose designed. I remember him writing he had interest in doing Castle Pines as was living near there. Unfortunately he last designed in Links in 2015 going on to Perfect Parallel designing some courses there. Looks like this is his profile: https://au.linkedin.com/public-profile/ ... 43b89e6b65
For those that do not have LinkedIn accounts says he is now working for Trackman and designing courses. Others that have designed courses in Links that parlayed their talents into IRL work for money that I am aware of: Wayne Hewitt, Mike Jones and John Aherne to name a few.
dgrobo2000

Post by dgrobo2000 »

I play the following pins at Blackwolf Run - The River Course.

Rnd1 - 6-0-4-7-0-2-6-7-8
0-0-6-1-4-7-0-4-7
Rnd2 - 5-3-2-6-7-5-4-3-2
3-8-8-2-8-5-7-2-1
Rnd3 - 6-4-5-7-0-1-0-0-1
5-5-4-7-6-8-2-8-4
Rnd4 - 2-3-1-6-7-4-4-5-5
7-8-5-4-2-0-4-3-5