Should we do a 'Course of the Year'?

Announce and discuss forthcoming and recent course releases or request beta help from members.
crusaderlord

Re: Should we do a 'Course of the Year'?

Post by crusaderlord »

loner wrote: December 13th, 2020, 12:43 am He's still doing it.
http://crusadersgames.co.uk/category/links-2003/
Hi All

Nice to see my site referenced - i am sadly not actually still actively doing Links 2003 but have morphed into board gaming

However a huge amount of what i did for over 10 years is archived on my website
I suggest starting here > http://crusadersgames.co.uk/links-course-profiles/
and if you want the really old pages (these may load more slowly or need refreshes) > http://crusadersgames.co.uk/links-cours ... rse-lists/

I just dropped in by chance, maybe i should look at some of the newer ones just too see what is going on
Happy new year everyone

David
Duglis

Post by Duglis »

I'm doing tons of boardgames too. In fact, Links is the only game I'm playing on the computer now. I also play around with Celestia, but that's an astronomy sandbox thing, not a game.

Doug :)

Thanks for the links!
Stephen Sullivan

Post by Stephen Sullivan »

Very kind of you Adelade :thumbup:

I'm not even sure I would call it my best course in many ways, but it's another "real" course we can use for European Tour events, so that's a positive :naughty:
Jimbo

Post by Jimbo »

:naughty: OK, despite the conflict of interest I'm voting for Lambton because, as somebody who grew up in Toronto I'm very aware of the attention that wa2s given to potential nit-picks beforehand.
You can see what is really the Etobicoke neighborhood and the Humber River is used perfectly.
Besides-I can't delete this post so never mind-just look at the next one... :oops:
Last edited by Jimbo on January 9th, 2021, 3:47 am, edited 2 times in total.
Jimbo

Post by Jimbo »

OK, despite the conflict of interest I'm voting for Lambton because, as somebody who grew up in Toronto I'm very aware of the attention that was given to potential nit-picks beforehand.
You can see what is really the Etobicoke neighborhood and the Humber River is used perfectly. It's nice when a "city" course is appreciated for what it is, including "urban details". I'm happy that Francois used my contributions about the local area (including the "surprise" that nobody has found but is an important part of the neighborhood).
He had to use all 4 sides of the clubhouse too.
Beaides, Lambton was originally a Stanley Thompson course that has only recently be redone by Rees Jones...and it practically backs on to St. George's!😉
Bottom line-if he wants to do another course in the Great White North I'm good to go!😉 and this course gets my vote.
Last edited by Jimbo on January 8th, 2021, 5:07 am, edited 2 times in total.
guitarget2019

Post by guitarget2019 »

Let's do it. :cheers1:
1PuttJeff

Post by 1PuttJeff »

Yes, I am in-favor of the Links Community voting for a favorite course of the year. Of course, it will be very subjective, but that is okay too as everyone who plays this game has their own preferences as to what makes a great computer golf course design. :thumbup:
Paul44

Post by Paul44 »

Let's do it
The toughest shot in golf is your next one.