New Project

Announce and discuss forthcoming and recent course releases or request beta help from members.
Baggins

Re: New Project

Post by Baggins »

Another vote for Pasatiempo here! It's right up the road from me and have always wanted to play it. Have eaten lunch there a couple of times, though. Having Pasatiempo would round out the famous courses in this area with the exception of Spanish Bay and Del Monte.

Brett
Jimbo

Post by Jimbo »

Hi Ian...I'm in the process of nit picking Peachtree-that's you, right? Send me your email address and I'll put the package together.

There is at least one BETA course thiat I nit picked for Sage quite a while ago-Hamilton to be specific. He passed it off and it appears to have "vaporized
Last edited by Jimbo on November 27th, 2020, 5:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jimbo

Post by Jimbo »

Pasatiempo definitely works for me. I just visited the website-nice "real estate" if you know what I mean!😉
...including Alister Mackenzie's house beside the 6th fairway.
The website also has the "local rules" and OB locations.
Last edited by Jimbo on December 1st, 2020, 5:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
migolfer

Post by migolfer »

Pasatiempo would be preferable over Olympic/The CC IMHO.
However, can you put Pikewood Nat'l next in the queue after that? If you could pull off those limestone features, oh man, that would be sweet to play in Links.

-dh
woody4077

Post by woody4077 »

yeah [pikewood looks great but i'm still gonna keep voting for pasatiempo
Ian Wells

Post by Ian Wells »

Well, for good or bad I'm going to TRY Pasatiempo GC. :helpsmilie:

The main reason I say TRY is because of the number of houses on the course. I don't know if it will look correct if I use 2D houses, if not, I will have use 3D houses and I have no experience. If I feel the project is too much for me, I will let you know.

If anybody finds any interesting photos and or details of the course please post. All help will be gratefully received.

Ian
dorse72

Post by dorse72 »

I've played Pasatiempo twice, one of my fav courses ever, greens were insanely hard and slope-ing. I have alot of pics for you. It was also on an old video game if someone can crack into the game and get the mesh maybe.

here are some fantastic 4k videos
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=09IMxHqUMfM - Fried Eggs @ Pasatiempo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jtOn9vON6oU - Golfaholics @ Pasatiempo
Kunkleman

Post by Kunkleman »

Personal opinion----no course should ever end in a par 3. :rant:
Ian Wells

Post by Ian Wells »

Stephen, Dorse and Kunkelman,
Thank you for your replies. I have bookmarked those pages I didn't have and will definitely review them while I am building the course

Kunkleman, sorry but I can't change how it is. :whistle:

Dorse, I am very interested in the pictures you have. It gives the opportunity to make the rendition more accurate. As stated previously I am somewhat concerned about being able to complete the course because of the many houses, therefore I would suggest that you keep the photos until I am confident I can complete the course.

Thank you all.

Ian