New Project

Announce and discuss forthcoming and recent course releases or request beta help from members.
Ian Wells

Re: New Project

Post by Ian Wells »

woody4077,
Thanks for the link.
I have Google Earth on my Ipad and can get the same views, although I must manipulate the views myself, but it really helps to get another view of the course.

While reading your reply I re-watched the video "Fried Eggs @ Pasatiempo" previously suggested by dorse72 and realised I didn't comment on the video. Thank you dorese72 it is very informative and will help me enormously albeit that it will make for more APCD work :rant: . It's a pity it wasn't for the entire course.

Gentlemen, thanks again. :cheers1:
Ian
ww2marine

Post by ww2marine »

I would also vote for the Country Club. Fortunate enough to be there in 1988 for the US Open playoff between Curtis Strange and Nick Faldo.
Not a long course by todays standard bit still a demanding one. Great memories.

Bob,
Ian Wells

Post by Ian Wells »

Hi Bob,
I have just started laying the course out in APCD.
I can fully understand that your experience of the 1988 US Open must have been something special.
I hope I can make the rendition in APCD worthy, and hopefully it will help you rekindle your memories of that Open.
Ian
Jimbo

Post by Jimbo »

Hi Ian-I'll send you a PM later with a thought (I know how you love to hear from me, but hopefully I might be able to make a contribution).
If you want me to "go forward and multiply" (for want of an uncensored comment) just let me know and I'll quietly go away... :laugh:

When I'm nit picking I find that Google Earth is about the best way to confirm the elevations. It's also neat for just "travelling around!
Ian Wells

Post by Ian Wells »

Jimbo,
I do hope that you go forward ...., but only for the enjoyable part. :whistle:
Any and all help is welcome, I need all the help I can get.
Ian
Jimbo

OLYMPIC CLUBS

Post by Jimbo »

I'm taking a look at the US Women's Open at Olympia...I'm taking personal responsibility for Brooke Henderson's start (as we Canadians like to say "I'm sorry" :fear: )
Anyway, I was taking the opportunity to review the versions of the club that were designed by Matt Desouza and John Brooks...we're in luck-there are 2 1/2 courses at Olympia and they've covered both the Ocean Course and the Lake Course.

Matt's course ("The Olympic Club") is the Ocean Course (Par 70) and Mr. Brooks ("Olympic") is the Lake Course.

So despite what John says on his splash screen don't delete Matt's course.