Sunningdale Old Course Beta

Announce and discuss forthcoming and recent course releases or request beta help from members.
Duglis

Re: Sunningdale Old Course Beta

Post by Duglis »

Cool thread :)
Pete

Post by Pete »

Quite a lot of photos of Sunningdale bunkers have yellow sand, that's how i remember seeing it on tv but not all photos i might add
Last edited by Pete on November 20th, 2020, 4:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jimbo

Post by Jimbo »

That "sky" issue just happened again on the 2nd hole. I restarted the program and it went away. I''m only drinking coffee-honest! :surrender:
pmgolf

Post by pmgolf »

What "sky" issue, Jimbo. I looked back through the thread but I saw no mention of "sky".

Re-Pete
Jimbo

Post by Jimbo »

It's a little glitch that I've experienced with several courses that I've been nit-picking (I've mentioned it elsewhere).The horizon becomes vertical or the ground appears to grow skyward. If I restart the problem goes away for a while.
brooks2345

Post by brooks2345 »

Hi Jimbo

I have photos with whitish sand and GE shows it as white, but can easily change to yellow if you want. Have you got any decent photos of Clubhouse (i.e. at least 1280x1024 pixels) - my Clubhouse sharpness problem starts because in Photoshop I'm enlarging a small-scale 2D image of the Clubhouse (something like 256x256).

Cheers

John Brooks
gene_golf

Post by gene_golf »

brooks2345 wrote: November 20th, 2020, 12:17 pm Hi Jimbo

I have photos with whitish sand and GE shows it as white, but can easily change to yellow if you want. Have you got any decent photos of Clubhouse (i.e. at least 1280x1024 pixels) - my Clubhouse sharpness problem starts because in Photoshop I'm enlarging a small-scale 2D image of the Clubhouse (something like 256x256).

Cheers

John Brooks
John Brooks, I have included Shell's Wonderful World of Golf Match between Norman and Faldo played in 1994 and sand color might be a bit off white, but certainly not yellowish.
mickydavies

Post by mickydavies »

I had no technical issues at all. MANY years ago the general public could play Sunningdale and Wentworth for under 15 quid and having done so, I remember Sunningdale being a hell of a lot easier than Wentworth. And it is just the same here (which is a nice thing)... Really enjopyed playing your version of this lovely old course. Thank you!
Jimbo

Post by Jimbo »

gene_golf wrote: November 20th, 2020, 3:45 pm
brooks2345 wrote: November 20th, 2020, 12:17 pm Hi Jimbo

Cheers

John Brooks
John Brooks, I have included Shell's Wonderful World of Golf Match between Norman and Faldo played in 1994 and sand color might be a bit off white, but certainly not yellowish.
Hi John-the clubhouse is no issue at all! Remember it's at the end of the "chute" for the 1st and 18th so only one side (maybe a bit of the east side if you hit a really bad approach to 18.
I'll be sending my nits, probably by the end of today...let's just say that (with all due respect to Sage😄) that you are the senior APCD designer and I think that I speak for the majority when I repeat what I said earlier-you have outdone yourself! :clapping: :cheers1:
Jimbo

Post by Jimbo »

No disrespect to the LPGA or PGA Seniors but I find it hard to believe that Sunningdale has never hosted an Open. I'm betting that they could "find" another 300 yards or so.