Wade Hampton 2021

Announce and discuss forthcoming and recent course releases or request beta help from members.
Danny D

Re: Wade Hampton 2021

Post by Danny D »

gene_golf wrote: November 1st, 2020, 4:15 pm I got sidetracked mentioning architect of Pinetree. Tom Fazio designed Wade Hampton and the list of his courses besides Wade Hampton has several designed here in Links already and a few more like Gozzer Ranch nearby to Coeur d'Alene location that would be interesting to have designed here in Links as would be Shadow Creek that recently was shown on tv as site of CJ Cup a couple of weeks ago.
https://www.top100golfcourses.com/architect/tom-fazio
Gozzer Ranch is directly across the lake from Coeur d'Alene, but unfortunately Google Earth is not rendering it with 3D terrain, which makes for a more accurate replication. Too bad really. Looks like a decent course. :sad:

Dan
Completed Courses
Real Courses: The National Golf Club of Kansas City - Wakonda Club - Coeur d'Alene Resort Course
Fictitious Courses: Northern Lakes - Golfcom Tees
Southern Oaks - Hometown 9 hole real course with a fictitious back 9 added
Pete

Post by Pete »

Have you checked hole 7 preview Ian
Ian Wells

Post by Ian Wells »

Pete,
I am waiting until the last week of November to allow all comments to be given, then I will issue it FINAL.
I am presently working on the Hole Previews for Peachtree GC
Ian
Pete

Post by Pete »

Great news Ian, thanks very much
SammieDog

Post by SammieDog »

Ian Wells wrote: November 9th, 2020, 4:05 pm Pete,
I am waiting until the last week of November to allow all comments to be given, then I will issue it FINAL.
I am presently working on the Hole Previews for Peachtree GC
Ian
Hi Ian

Really enjoyed playing this course - even though I didn't win! I did notice some floating bits of foliage on the 2nd - screenshot attached.

Robert
Screenshot (25).jpg
Screenshot (25).jpg (345.23 KiB) Viewed 3536 times
Ian Wells

Post by Ian Wells »

Robert,
I'm happy that you enjoyed playing the course.

As for you screen shot, I do not understand how it looks that way.

I have this minute taken this screen shot:
screen0114.jpg
screen0114.jpg (438.86 KiB) Viewed 3530 times

As you can see the tree line in your shot is completely different to how it is. My knowledge of computers is only as a user. I can only assume that something odd happened when the computer rendered the screen. Did this happen in all four rounds?

Hopefully somebody who knows these things will help.

Ian
Stephen Sullivan

Post by Stephen Sullivan »

The view depends on where you have the graphics detail slider. If it's nearer to the left you will get the view that SammieDog is getting. If like me, you are able to have it all the way to the right, you get the best view.
Ian Wells

Post by Ian Wells »

Thanks Stephen. Something else I've learnt.
I have just realised I was told this when I was having difficulty with the course in the beginning. :wallbash:
Ian
Danny D

Post by Danny D »

Rendering of distant 2D objects and some scenery will always be a problem, depending on where your graphics slider it set. I can tell you for sure that it will be that way with Coeur d'Alene also. I have tried to create the course with a lot of the distant scenery showing, but it will not show if your graphics slider is too far to the left. CDL (as I have nicknamed it for short) is known for many things, including its surrounding scenery. With Links 2003, we are dealing with old software that was difficult to run on older machines back in the day, but now I believe the overwhelming majority of players in today's world have newer, more powerful graphics processors, and should be able to run Links with full graphics enabled. It may slow some machines down on the re-draws, but there should be very few players that will have rendering issues. For those that still do and have to run their systems with the graphics slider set back to the left, unfortunately you will just have to tolerate the missing background objects, as depicted in the Wade Hampton photo examples.

Cheers Y'all :cheers1:

Dan
Completed Courses
Real Courses: The National Golf Club of Kansas City - Wakonda Club - Coeur d'Alene Resort Course
Fictitious Courses: Northern Lakes - Golfcom Tees
Southern Oaks - Hometown 9 hole real course with a fictitious back 9 added
SammieDog

Post by SammieDog »

Stephen Sullivan wrote: November 17th, 2020, 2:56 pm The view depends on where you have the graphics detail slider. If it's nearer to the left you will get the view that SammieDog is getting. If like me, you are able to have it all the way to the right, you get the best view.
Did not realise if I had slider to the left you get a totally different view. You learn something new every day. Course even better now!!

Robert