Wade Hampton 2021

Announce and discuss forthcoming and recent course releases or request beta help from members.
Ian Wells

Wade Hampton 2021

Post by Ian Wells »

I will be issueing the final release of Wade Hampton GC in 7 days.
If anybody has any comments, that have not previosly been stated, I would be grateful if you could do so in the coming days.
Thank you.
Ian
pmgolf

Re: Wade Hampton 2021

Post by pmgolf »

I really like Wade Hampton, and I have liked Fazio's designs for years. The pin positions you have chosen are on greens done according to green books, I know, but the positions you have chosen are too severe (even the easy ones) for me to use in a Links tournament. I have 2 screen prints for you to look at.
WH Green 1a.jpg
WH Green 1a.jpg (339.12 KiB) Viewed 4037 times
WH Green1b.jpg
WH Green1b.jpg (318.62 KiB) Viewed 4037 times
If you could place 2 pins in each of those areas inside the red markings, I could use hole 1 of your course in a tournament. If I can find no more than 2 areas on each green, would you be willing to move 2 pins to each spot? I also have another idea - I'm sending you a PM. Thanks!

Pete
Ian Wells

Re: Wade Hampton 2021 - FINAL issue

Post by Ian Wells »

I have uploaded the FINAL version of Wade Hampton for Andy to add to the course list.

This version incorporates the problems discovered by the members, and a few I found while working on it. It also finally removes the floating trees on the 6th, and importantly, I have managed to make the tree line in accordance with the photographs I have been working with.

I would like to thank Pete (pmgolf), for reviewing and modifying the pin locations when necessary.

I hope you enjoy playing the course.

Ian
Andy
Site Admin

Post by Andy »

I see you filled the form in Ian but I've had no email from WeTransfer.

Did you follow these instructions?

Just choose the file(s) you wish to upload, enter upload@linkscorner.org as the friends email address, enter your own email address and in the message box put the course name. Now click 'Transfer'.

Andy
Ian Wells

Post by Ian Wells »

Andy,
My apologies. I always get confused with the transfer. Senility finally settling in.
Thanks
Ian
Pete

Post by Pete »

Hole 7 has hole 6 preview
Jimbo

Post by Jimbo »

I love the real estate! :thumbup: :thumbup:
1PuttJeff

Post by 1PuttJeff »

Wade Hampton is one of the best courses anywhere and since it is located in the Carolina's, it also reminds me of Augusta National too. I always love to play this course on Links and Ian did a great job of making some updates! :thumbup:
Ian Wells

Post by Ian Wells »

Guys, sorry for delay in replying.

Pete, I have no reason to doubt you but I am travelling today but I will check it tomorrow. Silly mistake. Thanks for letting me know.``
Jimbo, it was that real estate that made me want to do it.
1PuttJeff, as mentioned above I love the course visually. Thanks for your kind words.

Ian
pmgolf

Post by pmgolf »

Ian, I have a tournament being played at Wade Hampton right now. Please don't change the released version until after the tournament ends on November 5th.

Pete