Capital Golf Course (Aussie course)

Announce and discuss forthcoming and recent course releases or request beta help from members.
Adelade

Re: Capital Golf Course (Aussie course)

Post by Adelade »

Love the teaser, looking forward to it :cheers1:

Of course very difficult to judge only looking hastily at total yardage and overhead like I did, but doesnt look like the course is all that easy to me, I think Im safe in allowing my hopes to get up :laugh: :clapping:
Finished Courses - Main: Amedal (fictional), Nine Bridges (real)
Other: Austin, Sheshan, Kauri Cliffs, Le Golf Nat. Updates: Whirlpool, Royal Lytham, Royal St George's, Chicago, Chambers Bay, Munchen Nord E
Working on: 2 fictional courses + a couple things...
AJ Allen

Post by AJ Allen »

pmgolf wrote: October 12th, 2020, 12:03 pm AJ, what happened to that update you were going to do to Coomealla, where you did more planting?

Pete
It's done Pete, but I read that Andy wouldn't be uploading more courses until 22nd this month so you won't see it until then.
Cheers AJ
Jimbo

Post by Jimbo »

I can hardly wait to start nit picking! :whistle:
AJ Allen

Post by AJ Allen »

Adelade wrote: October 12th, 2020, 12:45 pm Love the teaser, looking forward to it :cheers1:

Of course very difficult to judge only looking hastily at total yardage and overhead like I did, but doesnt look like the course is all that easy to me, I think Im safe in allowing my hopes to get up :laugh: :clapping:
I think an averagely decent linkster (like myself) could expect to go round in maybe -10 or thereabouts. Depending on conditions of course, not much wind and greens not too fast. Though I have yet to put the swales into the greens and some of the undulations in the fairways, that will toughen it up a bit. But overall, it's not too stiff. Fairways are wide, trees tend to be well back, bunkers aren't so bad even though there are 168 of them. It's more like a pleasant stroll through some lovely landscaping really. Well, that's what I think but it can be hard to be objective. I will be interested to hear what others think once they play a round.

Cheers, AJ
AJ Allen

Post by AJ Allen »

Jimbo wrote: October 18th, 2020, 5:43 am I can hardly wait to start nit picking! :whistle:
The hardest part hasn't been started yet... the clubhouse. Learned a bit about 3D doing the last course so hopefully I will be able to get it somewhat recognisable! There are also a few animal enclosures around the course. You can't see them on Google Earth but they are there. Things like emus, wallabies etc. So I have included those.

Cheers, AJ
Jimbo

Post by Jimbo »

:clapping: :notworthy:
BTW I checked the website...that's a nice looking clubhouse!
1PuttJeff

Post by 1PuttJeff »

A.J.

I really enjoyed seeing the Capital Golf Course screenshots you shared with us in the LInks community and the course looks great and I love the detail you have included! I will be adding this course to my Links collection for sure! :thumbup:
Mr Mulligan

Post by Mr Mulligan »

AJ Allen wrote: October 12th, 2020, 9:17 pm
pmgolf wrote: October 12th, 2020, 12:03 pm AJ, what happened to that update you were going to do to Coomealla, where you did more planting?

Pete
It's done Pete, but I read that Andy wouldn't be uploading more courses until 22nd this month so you won't see it until then.
Cheers AJ
:whistle: :whistle: :whistle:
Weeler

Post by Weeler »

Capital GC looks like it's going to be another fabulous course rendition from you, AJ !! Very much looking forward to playing it. Glad to have you out there designing for LINKS .
Links Bill

Post by Links Bill »

I'll look forward to playing this one. I'm a local from Melbourne so it will be good.

I'm going to work on doing Sandhurst North & Champions. But I'll need a refresher on how to use APCD again as it's been a long time. I think I might practise on doing another idea I have and that's an AFL Club course 18 holes for the 18 teams.