On How Many Courses Can you see a LightHouse ( Revised ) .

Announce and discuss forthcoming and recent course releases or request beta help from members.
umanfly2boot

Re: How Many Courses Have Lighthouses ?

Post by umanfly2boot »

I stand corrected after researching the photos of the real Palmetto Dunes lighthouse.
( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VlqOX2Y ... arryClarke )
You have been redeemed with another 1/2 point . :rofl:
By the way ....Is the Statue of Liberty considered a Lighthouse ?
Answer :
President Grover declared that the Statue of Liberty would operate as a lighthouse under control of the Lighthouse Board in 1886. ... In order for the statue to become a lighthouse, a light had to be installed in the torch and around its feet.Nov 12, 2013
Reference : The Statue of Liberty | Lighthouse | EdgeWater Boats ...
1 - Point awarded to woody4077 for - Liberty National Presidents Cup :clapping:
Last edited by umanfly2boot on October 14th, 2020, 2:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ChuckH

Post by ChuckH »

I stand corrected after researching the photos of the real Palmetto Dunes lighthouse.
You have been redeemed with another 1/2 point .

Yea, I get another half point. How about a whole point for Castle Stuart?
ChuckH

Post by ChuckH »

Bayonne Golf Club hole #1
umanfly2boot

Post by umanfly2boot »

A lighthouse is a tower, building, or another type of structure designed to emit light from a system of lamps and lenses and to serve as a navigational aid for maritime pilots at sea or on inland waterways. So it has to be structured as such to being depicted as a light house either ( if it is a real structure ) ...as we discussed with Palmetto Dunes , or it has to be viewed as giving off light with windows .
Bayonne Golf Club ...By Sage Vanni looks like a Grain Silo to me .....
But its a real course , and it has a real Lighthouse attached to the Clubhouse .( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VlqOX2Y ... arryClarke ) Sage just needs some extra imagination when he updates the course again . I guess :dunno:
Ok - 1 Point for ( ChuckH ) . :cheers1:

Now as for Castle Stuart Golf Links 2015 , this is tricky ....
On the 4th Hole you can see from the tee : Castle Stuart , a restored tower house on the banks of the Moray Firth, about 6.5 miles (10 km) northeast of Inverness.
Robert Moor describes that " Adding to the appeal of the course is having local landmarks like Stuart Castle, completed in 1625 and seen behind the fourth hole, the Chanonry lighthouse, the Kessock Bridge, and Fort George. "
That said....im looking into it ! :bookh:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fpeA14e ... nel=iv27jl
Conclusion is : Nope ...Castle Stuart has no Light House , it has a Castle .
But the Chanonry lighthouse is behind the 4th Tee Box at Fortrose & Rosemarkie GC , Scotland .
And that's a different Peninsula all together across the bay ( Moray Firth ) . https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=laY-vSN ... tishkennyg
Last edited by umanfly2boot on October 14th, 2020, 2:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GoBucks

Post by GoBucks »

It shouldn't require tons of research to determine qualification. If you can see a lighthouse on the Links course you're playing, it counts. :smile:
No matter where you go, there you are.
Adelade

Post by Adelade »

umanfly2boot wrote: October 6th, 2020, 10:35 pm 1 - Point awarded to woody4077 for - Liberty National Presidents Cup :clapping:
-Shakes fist back at woody- Arrr you won this round, ye sly fox!

:laugh: :thumbup:
Finished Courses - Main: Amedal (fictional), Nine Bridges (real)
Other: Austin, Sheshan, Kauri Cliffs, Le Golf Nat. Updates: Whirlpool, Royal Lytham, Royal St George's, Chicago, Chambers Bay, Munchen Nord E
Working on: 2 fictional courses + a couple things...
Weeler

Post by Weeler »

I looked the lists over pretty carefully, and I did NOT see "Atlantic Point" by none other than Mike Jones, listed. If I didn't overlook it, I guess that may end up being my 3rd Point, correct ??? Please confirm.
umanfly2boot

Post by umanfly2boot »

"Confirmed " :cheers1:

Oh , and about " Lighthouse Determination " The discussion was to highlight each golf course that had light houses on the course itself .
But reasoning that some may be across a bay , and still be part of the landscape while playing is not part of the equation : :nono:
( Revised 5/1/2021 )
Because that many courses have been designed with Scenery to enhance its many aspects , lighthouses were added in objective locations to give such affect , and more joy to the game. These didn't necessarily have to be ( on) the course to give such a distinctive perspective , but be visible to give contrast of individuality to the course as the designer would want. Therefore i have changed the Main Quest Question to ( On How Many Courses Can you see a LightHouse ) .

Now then ..that said ....Castle Stuart has no Light House , it has a Castle .

But the Chanonry lighthouse is behind the 4th Tee Box at Fortrose & Rosemarkie GC , Scotland .
And that's a different Peninsula all together across the bay ( Moray Firth ) . https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=laY-vSN ... tishkennyg
So a Light House can be seen on the Castle Stewart Course ...its Chanonry lighthouse .
And so this will be redeemed as well.
1 Point - :thumbup:

Last edited by umanfly2boot on May 3rd, 2021, 6:22 am, edited 6 times in total.
AJ Allen

Post by AJ Allen »

umanfly2boot wrote: October 9th, 2020, 4:21 pm "Confirmed " :cheers1:

Oh , and about " Lighthouse Determination " The discussion was to highlight each golf course that had light houses on the course itself .
But reasoning that some may be across a bay , and still be part of the landscape while playing can be enough to added to the equation :thumbup:
As for ( Castle Stuart ) the dilemma was in the fact that it was ( within its description ) but was not found on the course or could be seen and confirmed , and that ( what was described ) was actually on another course that happened to be a real course ....just not visible from Castle Stuart .
So perhaps the question should be... "how many links courses have lighthouses visible?" That would then include any that can be seen but aren't on the actual golf course.
Cheers, AJ
FOOOOORE!

Post by FOOOOORE! »

Yes of course, but the statue isn't ON the course. That's the point I'm making about lighthouses. There are likely other courses where one can see the statue, but they don't "have" the statue.