Ballybunion Old Course BETA

Announce and discuss forthcoming and recent course releases or request beta help from members.
Pete

Re: Ballybunion Old Course BETA

Post by Pete »

:clapping: :thumbup:
Jimbo

Post by Jimbo »

Hi John:

Sorry to be so late-and this isn't really nitpicking-I've noticed it on other courses...but when I hit it into the rough-especially the deep stuff (not that I ever do! :rofl: ) I notice a sound effect that resembles the ball hitting a tree.

Wassupwithdat?

Are those fairway "spikes" there for players' reference?

By the way I loved the buildings-but is that a trailer park beside the first fairway?
brooks2345

Post by brooks2345 »

Hi Jimbo

Dunno what the strange sound is. Will sort it when I come to do the final.

Yes it's a trailer (caravan) park by the first tee. Lots of caravans after the graveyard.

The fairway "spikes" are black and white marker posts to help with blind shots.

Cheers

John Brooks
Jimbo

Post by Jimbo »

Thanks John...I'm just about done and you'll be getting PM'd soon...once again with very little nit picking. :clapping:
I just posted a comment on the "short tees" thread. I'm including something similar in my message to you.
Like I said I'm just about done. :thumbup:
Jimbo

Post by Jimbo »

Hi John:

You have a PM. :thumbup:
brooks2345

Post by brooks2345 »

Thinking about hole lengths and Links. The only true hole lengths in Links are those used in the Course Design, but as soon as you start manipulating pin positions, hole lengths change. In theory, for all qualifying rounds, there should be 6 pins at the front of greens, 6 middle, and 6 back, so as to keep the Course length the same, but this doesn't happen in Links - unless you distribute hard/normal/easy front/middle/back on each hole. Normally I put the 3 hard pins in the hardest positions (i.e. right behind bunkers, up slopes etc), then 3 normal in more accessible places, then 3 easy in the open on flat ground.

Cheers

John Brooks